Search for content in message boards

GRAHAM, William; 1782, Pennsylvania

GRAHAM, William; 1782, Pennsylvania

Posted: 5 Mar 2003 4:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jun 2003 9:37PM GMT
My William Graham, born in 1782 in Pennsylvania was married to a Rosanna, born abt 1783 in Ireland. I know they had a daughter Malinda, born 1825 in Ky (md William Bristow), and a daughter Amanda born 1820 in KY. I think they had a son Albert, born 1826 in Indiana.

There is an Elbert Graham, born 1820 in Ky married to Mary Ann Bristow. I am wondering if this Elbert is a part of William and Rosanna's family.

I found an Ansley Graham born 1809 in KY in the 1850 Putnam Co., Indiana census - and would like to know if he is related to this family.

Please contact me via my email. Thanks, Lenore

Re: GRAHAM, William; 1782, Pennsylvania

Posted: 16 May 2009 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: GRAHAM
Hi Lenore Akerson,
William GRAHAM is my g-g grandfather. He is on the 1850 census in Putnam County, Indiana.
Ansley GRAHAM is the son of William Graham and my g-grandfather. Ansley Graham B 10 Sep 1809 in Flemingsburg, KY
Married 29 July 1834 to Nancy GILLASPIE in Flemingsburg, KY
D 1871 In Albia, Monroe Co., Iowa.

I would like more information on William Graham.
From Eleanor Lombard

Posted: 16 May 2009 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: GRAHAM
I was not sure if Ansley was the son of William and Rosanna Graham - neither did I know Nancy's maiden name - Thank you for both :o)
Unfortunately, I know very little about my great great great grandparents.
William: born 1782 in Pennsylvania; married about 1802 of Kentucky.
Rosanna: born abt 1783 in Ireland
Known children: Amanda; Malinda, Elbert, Ansley, and possibly Albert (?)
My great great grandmother is Malinda, born 11 Mar 1825 in Kentucky and died 13 Dec 1871 in Marion Co., Iowa, buried in the Pleasantville Cemetery. She married William Bristow 23 Oct 1845 in Putnam Co., Indiana. Their children were John W., James Miller, George G., Emma (or Emily J.), Mary Frances, Ansley, Miller, and William Miles. Mary Frances Bristow is my great grandmother and she married Edward Peter Lyon - and their daughter, Daisy Emma Lyon is my grandmother. Lenore

Posted: 16 May 2009 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: GRAHAM, BALLENTINE
Hi Lenore,
I have the marriage entry: Fleming Co., Ken
Marriage Date 12 Feb 1806
William GRAHAM
Rosanne BALLENTINE
My grandfather was named Elbert GRAHAM and I see now that his father Ansley has a brother Elbert!
My grandmother Jane Elizabeth ELDER GRAHAM (Wife of Elbert GRAHAM) wrote of William GRAHAM. "William GRAHAM served in the War of 1812. He was married to Rosanna BALLENTINE and they procured a farm and established a home near Flemingsburg, KY. On this farm he built a substantial brick house for his own family and in the same yard a house for the parents of his wife.
William GRAHAM had the distinction of owning the first wagon in his township, this he for some time loaned or hired it to his neighbors. They were members of the New Light or what is now called the Christian Church.
Rosanna BALLENTINE was born in the north of Ireland, and was a bright, worthwhile woman, who served her day and generation well."
(I just wrote the National Archives of William GRAHAM'S record in the War of 1812 May 13,2009)

Eleanor Lombard

Posted: 17 May 2009 4:56AM GMT
I have had a brick wall regarfding Rosanna for so long - thank you for knocking a big hole in it :o)
Do you have any other children for William and Rosanna? I could send you a gedcom of my Graham/Bristow families. Do you have a software program that will accept a gedcom?
I don't always have access to Ancestry.com, so please e-mail me at akersonl@gmail.com
I have more questions, but think the easiest way for you to see what I have and don't have would be if I sent you a gedcom.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions