Search for content in message boards

Kinross Ancestors - YOUNG, GALLOWAY, MORRISON, LOW, GUTHRIE, GOW

Kinross Ancestors - YOUNG, GALLOWAY, MORRISON, LOW, GUTHRIE, GOW

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Young, Morrison, Galloway, Low, Gow, Guthrie, Elder, McCall (McColl) (McCoul), Henderson
Hi everyone! My research has dropped me in Kinross for several ancestors:

William YOUNG & Janet GALLOWAY - married 25 Aug 1786 Fossoway & Tulliebole, Kinross, Scotland

They had 8 children that I know about

ALSO:
John YOUNG & Ann MORRISON - married 10 Aug 1828 in Kinross. John is the son of the above William & Janet.

Ann MORRISON was born: 15 Dec 1801 in Milnathort, Orwell, Kinross, Scotland & is believed to be the daughter of: Walter MORRISON & Mary LOW. Walter MORRISON believed to be the son of Robert MORRISON & Mary GUTHRIE. Mary LOW is believed to be the daughter of Peter LOW and Annie GOW.

anyone else researching this line?
I seem to have hit a brick wall.

any comments are welcomed!
thanks!

Re: Kinross Ancestors - YOUNG, GALLOWAY, MORRISON, LOW, GUTHRIE, GOW

Helen Dunford (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2006 3:24AM GMT
Hi Eleanore
William Young and Janet Galloway are my ggggrandparents. I have only been able to find 7 children for them, however - David 1789, David (again, did the first die in infancy) 1793, Isabel 1794, Andrew 1799, John 1803, Henry, 1805. Andrew married Beatrix Harley and my tree goes down through this line. I have made some guesses as to William and Janet's parents. Have you done this also?
Cheers from Australia
Helen

Re: Kinross Ancestors - YOUNG, GALLOWAY, MORRISON, LOW, GUTHRIE, GOW

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Guthrie, Trotter
Hello,
I'm also at the brick wall with "my" Orwell, Kinross Guthrie person. So, I'm looking for other Guthrie people from Orwell in the hopes that we can piece together some Guthrie families. I have a Margaret Guthrie (b. 1811) who married Walter Trotter 1833 in Auchterderran Parish, Fife. The marriage notation states that Margaret was from Orwell Parish. It seems that Orwell Parish records are bleak- sporadically kept at certain times and with missing time periods.

On another note, I see the Gow and Low names in the book, "Auchterderran: A Parish History" [available and searchable on ancestry.com- proprietors of some land in Auchterderran. Sincerely, Rea Trotter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions