Search for content in message boards

Parrish Family-AFrican American and White and Indian

Parrish Family-AFrican American and White and Indian

Sheila Parrish-Spence (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parrish Jeff, Parrish Thomas I, Dickens John A, Alston Folk, Finch Mariah, Edgerton Eliza, Cobb Luke
If you have any knowledge of the following surnames in Franklin County, NC in between 1850 and 1930, please let me know: Parrish, Cobb, Alston, Finch, Edgerton, Dickens. They would be African-American, Indian, and/or white.They migrated from NC to NJ, to NY and Pa.
Thank you.

Re: Parrish Family-AFrican American and White and Indian

Clyde Williams (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2002 4:26PM GMT
My grandmother Ella Parrish Williams was from a Spanish family that migrated from Spain. Her mother was a William Elizabeth Paschall who married Algie Jefferson Parrish. Now that I have you confused you can e-mail me. The pronunciation of Paschall was changed to sound more american.

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2004 12:09AM GMT
Hi,

My name is Felecia Thomas and my family is from both NC and VA. My great grandfather, Nick Long married Ceily Jane Finch in NC ( Nash Co. or Franklin I think). We really don't know that much about this side of the family and are trying to find out more. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. I can be reached at christianlady22870@yahoo.com.

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 5:05AM GMT
I know someone in North Carolina in the Finch-Egerton-Parrish Family that may be able to give you some information. Jeff Parrish and Eliza Egerton were her great grandparents. Edward Finch 1820, Mariah Finch 1840, John Finch 1855, Gertrude Finch 1863 are in her Family Tree. Also Henderson Egerton 1835 is one of the Egertons in this family.

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 8:51PM GMT
I have few Egertons on my tree because my cousin Florine married Horace Egerton. Do you have specific names?

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 10:20PM GMT
The Egertons on the Finch-Edgerton-Parrish Tree are Kemp 1857, Louis 1860, Leah 1862, Eliza 1864-Married Jeff Parrish, Henderson 1868, Sarah 1869, Patsy 1970, Paul 1972, Silas 1872, Sally 1874, Frank 1876, Carrie 1879. I think these are Henderson Edgerton and Mariah Finch's children.
I am not sure if this tree is on line. I got this information from one of my relatives who is related to this family.

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 2:19PM GMT
Hi,

I have more info on the family history...you can contact me at sylvester.harris@optimi.com or call at 678-315-9097.

Thanks.

Posted: 6 Jan 2012 6:39PM GMT
Hi,

I know Ms. Florene Green, she was my louisburg elementary school cafeteria manager....I think this is a different set of Edgertons......she married Horance Edgerton, who was the son of Walter and Nena Edgerton of Nelson Chapel.

Thanks

Sylvester Harris, Jr.
sylvester.harris@optimi.com
678-315-9097

Posted: 6 Jan 2012 10:13PM GMT
Yep, that's my cousin! Good luck with your search. :)

Renate

Posted: 2 May 2013 6:11PM GMT
I went to school in 1969 with an African American named Willie Edgerton and his father is from Louisburg NC. Also, there is a funeral home in Louisburg NC and the owners are the Alston Family who may have Native American and African American descent. Hope this helps you to some degree. I married a man from Louisburg and I am from Virginia. Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions