Search for content in message boards

Caleb Reeves Family

Caleb Reeves Family

Posted: 25 Feb 2000 11:24PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 5:29AM GMT
I am looking for any information on my G-G-G-G-Grandfather Caleb Reeves. He was born about 1788. The first time I have a date is 1812 when he was in Kentucky. His second son was William H. Reeves, born in Kentucky and moved to Kansas then to Indiana. I found him on the 1860 Census. If you know any more, please help.

Thank You
Contact me at

reddixie@hotmail.com

Re: Caleb Reeves Family

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Dec 2005 12:47AM GMT
I have Caleb Reeves b. 1788; d.24 Feb 1845, Shelby County, Indiana. I am a decendant of his brother Stacy.
Caleb Reeves was a minister in Revolutionary War time, he was called to the camp of the American soldiers. The next morning he took his gun and went for water. He heard horses and the next thing he knew the British were upon him. He picked up his gun, fired a shot. Later it was found that he had killed a British General. Tradition says that ome Reeves' were in the War of 1812. This story ame from Zack Reeves, who was 83 in 1930. I have more if you are interested. Sherman

Re: Caleb Reeves Family

Posted: 28 Nov 2009 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a Caleb Reeves in my Tree that was also born in 1788. He had a grandson by the name of Charles Wesley Reeves born in Shelby Co. Ind.(b. 26 Apr.1848.) Charles W.Reeves was my Grand-Father. My name is George Franklin Reeves& My Father was Frank James Reeves,the youngest child born to Charles Wesley Reeves & Martha Jane (Willis) Reeves. I would like to know more ,should you have any! Thanks in advance. George F. Reeves
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions