Search for content in message boards

Barnett - McIntyre connection in Person County

Barnett - McIntyre connection in Person County

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 9:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARNETT, McINTYRE, McGHEE, CHISM
Am researching Allie McIntyre Barnett born 1850/Person County, died 1915/Roxboro, Person County. Parents: Abr. & Cora Painter McIntyre of Roxboro. In 1890 married Abb Barnett (b. 1860/ Person Co.). One son, Stonewall Jackson Barnett (b. 1890/Person, d. 1958 Person County Memorial Hosp.) A cousin, Bertha McGhee, is listed with the family in the 1900 Census. Son Stonewall married Augusta Chism and had 3 children: Lucille, Aliene, and Randolph (b. 1916, d. 1965 in Roxboro. I would appreciate any input anyone might have.

Re: Barnett - McIntyre connection in Person County

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Barnett
Last year I met Stonewall and Augusta Barnett's grandson.

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 8:29AM GMT
Can you give me his name/location; put me in touch with him; and/or ask him to contact me directly at smmingo@comcast.net This is the connection I've been trying to make for several years. Thanks so much for your reply. Any additional input greatly appreciated.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 9:14PM GMT
Surnames: Barnett
It will take me a few days to contact him but I will give him your contact information.

I met his wife at a church function and she mentioned Roxboro. She called her husband over and as we talked I discovered he was my cousin.

When I was a child my father occasionally took the family to Roxboro to visit the Barnetts. I remember meeting Stonewall Barnett and the three children.

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 4:10PM GMT
Thank you so very much. Stonewall's mother, Allie, was my grandfather's (John Abram McIntyre)sister. I live in PA, but have made several trips to Roxboro and have located many cousins descended from Allie's mother's (Cora Pointer)family still living there. Hope your quest is going well. If your relationship with the Barnetts is on the McIntyre or Pointer side, I have much info I can share with you. Again, Thanks. Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic