Marilyn Roth wrote:
Could you post some more information about your TODD family? I have a lengthy letter by Richard E. WOMELSDUFF, who was trying to prove the ancestry of John TODD, wheelwright, who went to Ohio. John TODD m. 1 Dec. 1791, First Baptist Ch., Balto., Mary GERMAN / JARMIN.
Thank you for the wonderful info, but nothing I can say was a answer to help me in my search. I have talked with Richard E. Womelsduff some years ago and am familar with his line, an it does not seem to match my info on my line.
My Todd line includes:
John Todd b. abt. 1740-45 place unknown but thought to be Maryland Todd family.
Edward Todd b. abt 1737-1749 Brother to John Todd above.
John Todd married Mary maiden name unknown abt 1760-66
1. John Todd Jr. b. abt. 1768 d.1828 Bourbon Co KY. source J. Todd Sr. Will m. Polly (McCrety Wilson Bourbon Co KY 25 Oct 1797 source marriage records Bourbon Co) source Court Cases Bourbon Co KY.
2. Rutha Todd b. 1766 d. 1841 Pulaski Co. Ark. m. Gabreil Greathouse source Greathouse history. source J. Todd Sr. Will Source marriage Record Bourbon Co.
3. Susanna Todd m.John Hamitlton source J. Todd Sr. Will
4. Elizabeth Todd b. abt 1768 said to have been MD. by Ashbrook Family history. married Felix Grundy Ashbrook 23 Oct 1793, Bourbon co Ky. d. 1838 Harrison Co KY.
5. Benjamin B. Todd b. 1769 d. 1838 Bourbon Co KY. m. Fanky Hopper 21 Dec 1805 Bourbon Co Ky. source source Court Cases Bourbon co KY..
6. Sophia Todd b. VA/PA m. John Trimble Bourbon Co KY. source J. Todd Sr. Will / Court Cases
7.Rebecca Todd abt 1786 d. 1843 Pike Co Ill, source J. Todd Sr. Will, Morris Migration by Anne Mertz, m. Richard Morris 1807 22 Aug. Bourbon Co KY.
8. Peggy Todd unknown birth/marriage/death. source J. Todd Sr. Will.
9. Sintha Todd unknown birth date/marriage/death. source J. Todd Sr. Will
Brother of John Todd (Sr.)
Edward Todd married Jane unknown last name. died 1795 Bourbon Co Ky. intestate. source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.
1. Margaret Todd b. m. bef. 1795 to John Gillock. source Court Cases
2. Edward Todd Jr. b. unknown d. unknown. Bourbon Co. Kentucky
Julia Ardery's Kentucky Records, Vol. II
Deeds, Abstracts, Court Orders, Suits Bourbon County Records from Order Books. page 108 -- March Court 1805
John Todd Sr. apptd. gdn. to Edward Todd(Jr.), Jane, Polly Todd. To attend to division of tract of Edward Todd, located on Silas Creek. source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.
3. Levin (Eleven) Todd b. 20 Oct. 1781 Menallen Twp. Fayette Co PA. d. unknown. source Court Cases Bourbon Co KY. married Jamima Kemp dau. Rueben & Jane Stewart Kemp. of Staten Island NJ and Menallen twp. Fayette Co PA.
4. Polly Todd source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.
5. Jane Todd source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.
I have the brothers John Todd and Edward Todd placed by court records in Union Twp and Menallen twp. 1783. source Court Cases. FAyette Co PA. 1790 Census prior to leaving for Bourbon Co Ky. arrived Tax List June 1792. Same for Rueben & Jane Kemp owned land in Fayette Co PA adjoining Edward Todd father of Levin Todd who married Reubens daughter Jamima Kemp.
Fayette Co Pennsylvania happens to be one of the counties that was in the disputed area along the Mason / Dixon line. and this is where my problem lies.
DNA study for a descendant of John Todd (Sr.) d. Bourbon Co KY. showed that it was 2 markers away from Balitmore Todd and 2 markers away from Anne Arundel Co. MD Todd's.
No records have been found to date with 2 sons by the name of John & Edward Todd in the Balitmore or Anne Arundel Co MD areas.
Any help appreciated in locating these brothers, including marriages, Military records or services rendered during Rev. War.
Lorraine Frances LewellynForefathers@leblink.com