Search for content in message boards

TODD'S IN ST. PAUL'S PARISH 1760-1761

TODD'S IN ST. PAUL'S PARISH 1760-1761

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 1:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Mar 2006 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: TODD AND KEMP
Hello List
How would I find the St. Paul's Parish of Balitimore, records for 1760 - 1761 + time frame.
I find I may have two Todd family members in this Parish during these years. I found on Maryland Archives website, at Petition was sign by John & Edward Todd to impose a tax on the Parish members for a Church Organists. No record was found where it was presented to the assmembly of both houses. It had been address to Governor Horatio Share Esq. and to the Upper and Lower houses.
Any help greatfully appreciated.
Lorraine Llewellyn
Can anyone direct to the right source for locating more info of this St. Paul's Parish Membership?

TODD, St. Paul's, 1760

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 3:25AM GMT
Bill & Martha REAMY published some St. Paul's records, vital records, no membership lists. Here is all I see in the book for TODD.

Thomas & Lettis had Lettis, b. 4 Je. 1730.
Lettes, wf/o Thos., d. at North Point, 10 Je. 1730.
Thomas & Elinor had Elisabeth, b. 13 Dec. 1732.
Thomas & Elenor had Thomas, b. 27 Nov. 1738.
Elinor TODD m. 6 Sep. 1740, Wm. LINCH.
Lancelot, Sr., & Rachel had Lydia, b. 11 Mar. 1755; Rachel, 17 Jan. 1752; Nicholas, 7 Je. 1757. [together in that order].
Mary TODD m. 1 July 1788, Elisha HALL.
Thomas TODD was bu. 17 Mar. 1794 at Saml. NORWOOD's.
Thomas TODD was bu. 1 Sep. 1798.
Mary TODD m. 10 Feb. 1799, Andrew WOODS.
Thomas TODD, vestryman 1731 - 1733, was son of Capt. Thomas TODD, possibly of Virginia, who purchased land at North Point as early as 1664.
Thomas TODD, vestryman 1770.

Robert BARNES' Baltimore Co. Families, 1659 - 1759, has two pages on TODD. For the TODD family of North Point, he refers to Virginia Magazine of History & Biography, Volume 25+.

Thomas TODD, who d. 1738/9, m1. Lettice THACKER; m2. Eleanor DORSEY [d/o Caleb], who m2. 6 S 1740, Wm. LYNCH. BARNES doesn't mention any Edward TODD, and the Johns were b. 16 May 1613, 28 Feb. 1659, & another John, no birth date, was s/o Thomas b. 1619.

Baltimore Co. Deed Abstracts, 1659 - 1750:

Thos. POWELL conveyed 17 Aug. 1664 to Thos. TODD of Gloucester Co., VA, three tracts, 300 acres, "Roade River," "Richardson," & "Powell's Point," near and east of Walnut Neck on the north side of Patapsco River. Thomas TODD conveyed to sons Robert & John.

John TODD of Anne Arundel Co., with consent of wf. Ruth, conveyed "Todd's Forest," 9 Apr. 1745, to John FRASHER / FRAZIER. Tract had been surveyed 1728 for Capt. Lance TODD.

John TODD of Anne Arundel Co. m. Ruth DORSEY, d/o John & Eliz.

Elizabeth TODD of AA Co. made wil 19 Je. 1741, pr. 13 Aug. 1741. She named daus. Sarah & Ruth DORSEY, sis. Sabra FRIZZELL, & sons Lancelot, Nathan, John, & Thomas.

Could you post some more information about your TODD family? I have a lengthy letter by Richard E. WOMELSDUFF, who was trying to prove the ancestry of John TODD, wheelwright, who went to Ohio. John TODD m. 1 Dec. 1791, First Baptist Ch., Balto., Mary GERMAN / JARMIN.

Re: TODD, St. Paul's, 1760

Posted: 15 Jan 2006 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: TODD AND KEMP
Marilyn Roth wrote:
Could you post some more information about your TODD family? I have a lengthy letter by Richard E. WOMELSDUFF, who was trying to prove the ancestry of John TODD, wheelwright, who went to Ohio. John TODD m. 1 Dec. 1791, First Baptist Ch., Balto., Mary GERMAN / JARMIN.
Thank you for the wonderful info, but nothing I can say was a answer to help me in my search. I have talked with Richard E. Womelsduff some years ago and am familar with his line, an it does not seem to match my info on my line.

My Todd line includes:
John Todd b. abt. 1740-45 place unknown but thought to be Maryland Todd family.
Edward Todd b. abt 1737-1749 Brother to John Todd above.

John Todd married Mary maiden name unknown abt 1760-66
Children include:
1. John Todd Jr. b. abt. 1768 d.1828 Bourbon Co KY. source J. Todd Sr. Will m. Polly (McCrety Wilson Bourbon Co KY 25 Oct 1797 source marriage records Bourbon Co) source Court Cases Bourbon Co KY.

2. Rutha Todd b. 1766 d. 1841 Pulaski Co. Ark. m. Gabreil Greathouse source Greathouse history. source J. Todd Sr. Will Source marriage Record Bourbon Co.

3. Susanna Todd m.John Hamitlton source J. Todd Sr. Will

4. Elizabeth Todd b. abt 1768 said to have been MD. by Ashbrook Family history. married Felix Grundy Ashbrook 23 Oct 1793, Bourbon co Ky. d. 1838 Harrison Co KY.

5. Benjamin B. Todd b. 1769 d. 1838 Bourbon Co KY. m. Fanky Hopper 21 Dec 1805 Bourbon Co Ky. source source Court Cases Bourbon co KY..

6. Sophia Todd b. VA/PA m. John Trimble Bourbon Co KY. source J. Todd Sr. Will / Court Cases

7.Rebecca Todd abt 1786 d. 1843 Pike Co Ill, source J. Todd Sr. Will, Morris Migration by Anne Mertz, m. Richard Morris 1807 22 Aug. Bourbon Co KY.

8. Peggy Todd unknown birth/marriage/death. source J. Todd Sr. Will.

9. Sintha Todd unknown birth date/marriage/death. source J. Todd Sr. Will

Brother of John Todd (Sr.)
Edward Todd married Jane unknown last name. died 1795 Bourbon Co Ky. intestate. source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.
1. Margaret Todd b. m. bef. 1795 to John Gillock. source Court Cases

2. Edward Todd Jr. b. unknown d. unknown. Bourbon Co. Kentucky
Julia Ardery's Kentucky Records, Vol. II
Deeds, Abstracts, Court Orders, Suits Bourbon County Records from Order Books. page 108 -- March Court 1805
John Todd Sr. apptd. gdn. to Edward Todd(Jr.), Jane, Polly Todd. To attend to division of tract of Edward Todd, located on Silas Creek. source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.

3. Levin (Eleven) Todd b. 20 Oct. 1781 Menallen Twp. Fayette Co PA. d. unknown. source Court Cases Bourbon Co KY. married Jamima Kemp dau. Rueben & Jane Stewart Kemp. of Staten Island NJ and Menallen twp. Fayette Co PA.

4. Polly Todd source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.
5. Jane Todd source Court Cases Bourbon co KY.

I have the brothers John Todd and Edward Todd placed by court records in Union Twp and Menallen twp. 1783. source Court Cases. FAyette Co PA. 1790 Census prior to leaving for Bourbon Co Ky. arrived Tax List June 1792. Same for Rueben & Jane Kemp owned land in Fayette Co PA adjoining Edward Todd father of Levin Todd who married Reubens daughter Jamima Kemp.
Fayette Co Pennsylvania happens to be one of the counties that was in the disputed area along the Mason / Dixon line. and this is where my problem lies.
DNA study for a descendant of John Todd (Sr.) d. Bourbon Co KY. showed that it was 2 markers away from Balitmore Todd and 2 markers away from Anne Arundel Co. MD Todd's.

No records have been found to date with 2 sons by the name of John & Edward Todd in the Balitmore or Anne Arundel Co MD areas.

Any help appreciated in locating these brothers, including marriages, Military records or services rendered during Rev. War.
Lorraine Frances Lewellyn
Forefathers@leblink.com or annieoklei1@hotmail.com

TODD, St. Paul's, 1760

Posted: 15 Jan 2006 8:58PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. Sorry it didn't fit. Congratulations on the DNA work!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions