Search for content in message boards

HAMER/SMITH

HAMER/SMITH

Trish LEWIS (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HAMER, SMITH
Looking for information on an Adelaide HAMER born approx. 1867 in Wales, d/o Richard J. and Mary, lived in Hopesay?, Shropshire. She married Carleton MacDougall SMITH in 1893 and they settled in Lancashire.

HAMER/SMITH

Trish LEWIS (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HAMER, SMITH
Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes I did find that Adelaide HAMER, and I do believe she is my great uncles wife. Haven't had much luck finding their descendants though. Maybe one day soon I will.

Trish LEWIS
Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
Canada
trishlewis@sprint.ca

Adelaide Hamer

Jack Whittall (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Came across Adelaide Hamer in 1881 census, if you have not got details please let me know.

email whittgen@clara.co.uk

Re: HAMER/SMITH

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 11:24AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH/HAMER/BEALE
Thought it about time I update my research on this family and give mY new email address.

I've discovered Adelaide SMITH's (nee HAMER) was the daughter of Richard HAMER and born in Wales. Her husband Carleton (my grandmother's Uncle) died 1913. Adelaide died 1854 in Bournmouthe, Dorset/Hampshire, England. Their son Carleton Bevan SMITH died in 1919 during WWI (unmarried). Daughter Dorothy Carleton SMITH died unmarried in 1969, Clunbury, Salop, and daughter Kathleen St Clair SMITH died 1974 in Salop.

Kathleen married a Bertrum BEALE and they lived at the Knock Hundred Cottage in Clugunford, Salop. I'm hoping that there may be some children from this marriage, possibly still living as she didn't marry until 1929 in Bournmouthe. At some point she went to Shropshire where her HAMER relatives come from.

If anyone has any knowledge of this family, would love to hear from you.

Thank you.

Trish Lewis
Nova Scotia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic