Search for content in message boards

Galway and Co. Mayo

Galway and Co. Mayo

Posted: 26 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 6:04AM GMT
Surnames: LINDEN, CONLON, GANNON, NORTON, McCARTHY
I am looking for any info on these people. Most were born in Ireland in the early to mid 1800's. They were in New Bedford Mass. and Providence R.I. by 1873. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted: 11 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 6:04AM GMT
Surnames: Gannon, Conlon, McCarthy, Linden, Norton
I have a MARY A GANNON b. 21 May 1837 in Galway. She married DENNIS CONLON also born in Galway. One of their children was born in New York in 1873. Mary and Dennis both died in Providence, R.I. ca. 1902.
Posted: 11 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2002 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Gannons

My great grandmother was a Gannon from Kilconly or Ironpool near Tuam, Galway. I think her father was George. Her name was Mary and she married James McHugh, from the same area. I don't know if there is a connection. Tell me what you have.

Thanks so much

Sandy

Linden surname

Maureen Savell (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Linden
Hello I saw your post about the Linden surname. My dad came from Belfast, Ireland John Linden. I am sure he has relatives in other parts of Ireland. If interested please contact me, and we can compare notes. Kind regards Maureen My email address is masavell@ix.netcom.com

Re: Linden's in Ireland

Janis Yannotti (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 10:44PM GMT
I have the following Linden relatives from Tyrone Ireland.
Edward Linden born abt 1850, parents Francis Lindon and Agnes Cairns.

Re: Linden's in Ireland

Gail Logan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2002 7:21AM GMT
All I know about the linden's in my family is that WILLIAM and BRIDGET LINDEN were the parents of MARY LINDEN, born in Ireland ca. 1849. Mary married my great-grandfather, WILLIAM GREGORY and died in Seattle in 1934. Maybe some day we can make a connection!....Gail

Re: Gannon

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 2:36AM GMT
My mother was a Gannon and related to the McHugh's on her mother and fathers sides of the family. They were from Dunmore. Flaskgha Beg. Flaskgha More. and the surrounding area's of those towns. she was also related to the Mannions. Joyce's. Rushes. Coneely's. Green's. Connors. and many more families in that area.

Re: Gannon

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Gannon
My mother was a Gannon and related to the McHugh's on her mother and fathers sides of the family. They were from Dunmore. Flaskgha Beg. Flaskgha More. and the surrounding area's of those towns. she was also related to the Mannions. Joyce's. Rushes. Coneely's. Green's. Connors. and many more families in that area.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic