Search for content in message boards

Diena Berend, b. 1818, Netherlands

Diena Berend, b. 1818, Netherlands

Joan Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 1:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berend
Does anyone know of a Diena Berend, who was born in 1818 in the Netherlands? She married a G.J. Fijnewever. I am looking for background information on both of them. Thanks.

Re: Diena Berend, b. 1818, Netherlands

Ruth (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Berends/Elenbaas
Hi Joan,
I am researching my Berends line in Coevorden, Drenthe, NL. The brother of my 3rd great grandpa Berend Berends was Harm Berends....
Harm Berends had a daughter named Gerridina Berends who was born May 8, 1818 Coevorden, Drenthe, NL.
I'm not sure if this is the Diena Berend that you are looking for but I hope it is.
My information is from the Coevorden Historical Society.

Posted: 25 Aug 2001 1:26PM GMT
Thanks, Ruth! This could very well be her. I don't suppose you know whom she married? That would confirm her identity.

Ruth (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 1:49PM GMT
Surnames: berends/Elenbaas
here lies the problem.....I don't have the spouses name that you listed....
these books from the Coevorden Historical Society lists that she married a Klaas Schering (Sobering)**, Feb 28th, 1838....and if my translation is right, he served in the military there in coevorden.
Maybe this is a first marriage?

**The name in parenthesis is probably because they had a hard time reading the handwriting on the original document.

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 10:26PM GMT
Surnames: Sobering
I came across your reply about Klaus (Sobering) and I was very excited. I have been searching and searching for any information on any Soberings and trying to find Soberings also. If you have any information at all no matter how little or big, please please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

Posted: 26 Dec 2003 2:50PM GMT
My name is Jakob Vos, and I have been researching the family name of Seubring, from which the family name of Sobering is also originating.

The name of Sobering comes from the city of Groningen, in the Dutch province of Groningen. The pedigree of Seubring can be found on my homepage, http://members.home.nl/jvos behind the 'Seubring' link. For information on Sobering, choose Albert Sobringe.

It is not exactly clear to me how the name of Sobering travelled to the United States of America and Canada.

The information I have is incomplete, but I do know that a Klaus Sobering (dutch name: Klaas) emigrated to Long Island, USA, his dad (I do not know who his dad was) moved there around 1900.

Rudolph Sobering (dutch name: Roelof) also emigrated to the USA, I do not know when he did.

Heinrich Sobering (dutch name: Hendrik) went to Canada around 1900.

This is all the information I have to my availability at the present. Could you provide me with more information, when available to you? I would appreciate it very much to hear from you. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Jakob Vos
Netherlands

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 1:14PM GMT
Hi Joan,

Maybe it's a bit late, but I found some information on:
Gerrit Jan Fijnewever, born in Hellendoorn. Married on 27 February 1841 in Hellendoorn to Berendina Koppelman, born in Den Ham. Christening on 10 November 1816.

She was 24 and he was 22 when they married.

Parents of Gerrit Jan are Gerrit Jan Fijnewever and Jenne Mensink
Parents of Berendina are Derk Koppelman and Maria Schipkate.

Greetings,

Jakob Vos
http://members.home.nl/jvos

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 4:28PM GMT
Thank you. That helps confirm some other information I was given.

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 3:49AM GMT
Hi there,

My name is Scott Sobering and I am from the Steinbach, MB, Canada Soberings.

You can find the migration story of my great, great grandfather, Heinrich Sobering -- on p.44 of this link:

http://www.plettfoundation.org/wp/wp-content/magazines/Prese...

Posted: 14 Sep 2013 10:24PM GMT
i am of the Heinrich Sobering family that came to Canada
per page

Find a board about a specific topic