Search for content in message boards

Kearns Family In Virginia

Kearns Family In Virginia

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kearns/Olive
I am the daughter of Eric L. Kearns, Sr. of Stafford County Virginia. Eric is the son of Clifton Randolph and Dorothy Crismond Kearns. The father to Clifton is George Kearns and his mother was Verna Marie Olive Kearns. There were several brothers and sisters to Clifton, and most have since died. I have not been able to find anyone who is doing Genealogy on this family of Kearns. Anyone who may know of them or if you are a descendant please contact me. I am willing to share Crismond research if needed. So far I only have this basic list of brothers and sisters:
Jerry E. Kearns
Paul Kearns- committed suicide
Vaughn R. Kearns- committed suicide
Holland Kearns DeBord
Jackie Kearns
Eva Kearns- died
Maxine Kearns
* there are two other sisters I do not know the names of at this time.
I would appreciate any help given:)

Re: Kearns Family In Virginia (Updated posting)

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: Kearns, DeBord, Woodward, May, Townsend, Winkler
I have been doing some more looking into my family and have found that even I do not know much at all. My last posting gave some wrong information I will now correct. First, my grandfathers name was Clifton G. (no one knows what the G stands for at this point) Kearns, and his mother and father were Clifton G. Kearns Sr. and Verna Marie Olive. I have yet to get the correct birth and death dates. Their children consist of ; Clifton G. Kearns,Jr. married Dorothy Vernell Crismond, Jeremiah E. Kearns married Virginia Clark, Paul Kearns- killed himself in Stafford, Virginia, Vaughn ( Von) Kearns- also killed himself on his 21st birthday in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Holland Kearns married Gifford DeBord, Geraldine Jackie Kearns married Unknown Woodward, Eva Kearns married 1)James Winkler, 2) James Townsend, Maxine Kearns married Unknown May. I think this is all the children they had, but I am not sure. Clifton Sr.'s mother was Josephine Green before marriage, and I believe his father was George Kearns. This Kearns line comes from Maryland and Virginia. Exact location is unknown at this point. I have found several postings to connect my Kearns family, but I have found none of the poasted e-mail addresses to still be in use. Please, I am begging anyone who reads this and has a connection to reply! I was not raised with my father or his family because of constant conflict between my mother's side and father's side. I am doing my family tree for my children, and this will carry them into the future knowing where they came from. When I am gone the answers will only become harder to find in doing my Genealogy, and I am sure many of you know that already. Thank you to all who cared to read this even if it doesn't connect us. Erica at Selby8x@aol.com

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 9:34PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2005 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: KEARNS
Hi Erica,

Do you have some ates - even approximate - for your Kearns you list. When was your grandfather born or when did he die? There is a Clifton Kearns in the Social Security Death Index. His birthdate is shown as 16 Aug 1924 and death is Jun 1993. Last residence is Stafford, Va. If you haven't already done so, you should definitely order his SS-5 (SS# application) which will give his parents' names and may be completed in his own hand. The SSN given is 228-22-9517.

I am researching Kearns in Va., so far (generally, the Fauquier/Culpeper Co. area) as I have direct ancestors by that name. Minerva Kearns, b. abt. 1852, d. bef. 1900, m. John Clinton Payne 14 Jan 1869 in Fauquier Co. She was the daughter of John W. Kearns and Martha Ann Hume. I do not know John W.'s parents nor his birthdate. He died 6 Sep 1873 in Fauquier Co.

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Kearns
Hi Kathleen, and thank you for the reply to my posting. I do know that the Clifton Kearns you put the information up for is my grandfather. I have come about getting his War records and the copy of his POW release, and his middle name is only indicated by "G". I have been in touch with my dad few times in my life and not long ago he told me his father's family is from Fauquier County, Virginia. Now, when I went back to see what family names you are looking for I found Jett and Payne. My step-father is a Cooper from Stafford Virginia and his mother was a Payne before marriage. I have gotten a book written by another line of his family and it has more Payne's and Jett's than you can imagine. Bowen, I have not run across, but Bowling is a strong line to my family.There is a woman with the last name Fritter (surname) that is very related to me but I can not get in touch with her. Larmour (?) I think is her name now. Anyhow, if you have any Cooper, Musselman, Payne or Jett's from Stafford County I can help you with let me know. As for my Kearns, I have no clue to who else could be related to me.Thanks again for the reply. Will update as soon as I find more information. Erica

Posted: 20 Jan 2004 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Keirnes, Kearnes, Kearns, Kane, Smith, Walker, Mason, Cooper,
I"m very interested in your Kearns line of Fauquier County. My husband is decended from Rebecca Keirnes/kearns. There are currentyly several people working on the Kearns from VA mainly of Fauquier County. I would think considering the time frame of 1790 thru 1870 these families would almost have to be related by a common ancester. It would be interesting to compare notes on what everyone has found. What I have located does not pertain to my Rebecca as of yet but may be of assitance to you and vice versa. Anyone willing to really compare notes and documents?

Posted: 7 Dec 2007 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Kearns/Keirnes/Kerns, Fritter, English, Musselman, Stone, etc.
I just found this old posting. I am descended from Kearns in Fauquier Co. and Fritter in Stafford Co. and am interested in contacting other researchers. My father had a brother Gordon Clifton Fritter born in Stafford Co. VA in 1917. Could this be the Clifton G. you are talking about?

Bob Kerns

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 3:20PM GMT
i don't even know if you are going to get this, i am very new to this and was noy really looking to do a family tree but trying to connect with my family. my mother was shirley anne kearns, born 8/20/1953 her mothers name was amelia payne, her fathers name as i've been told is also shirley kearns. i never knew my mother's side of the family, so if you could please contact me i would greatly appreciate it. i would love to know where i come from. thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions