Search for content in message boards

franklin lafayette hodges

franklin lafayette hodges

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 6:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
My husbands grandmother was Elsie Birdie Hodges Holland. Her parents were Franklin Lafayette and Dora Lee Hodges. I am uncertain of her maiden name and would love more information about both of them.

Re: franklin lafayette hodges

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 4:47PM GMT
According to her death certificate, Dora Lee McLaughlin Hodges was born 13 February 1878 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. She died 26 May 1963 in Cleveland, Liberty County, Texas. Her death certificate gives her father's name as Jim McLaughlin. Her mother's name is not given. She is buried in Conroe Memorial Cemetery.

Lafayette Monroe Hodges' death certificate says that he was born 20 November 1873 in Louisiana. He died 26 May 1958 in South Houston, Harris County, Texas. He is buried in Conroe Memorial Cemetery. His parents are given as Sam Hodges and Nancy Levingsworth. Elsie Holland was the informant for both her father's and mother's death certificates. (One ancestry tree says Lafayette was born in Texarkana, Bowie County, Texas.)

According to the Holland Family Tree his father was Samuel Benton Hodges and Nancy Jane Leavines. I just figured out that you are the owner of the Holland Family Tree. I suppose I am not providing any new information for you.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 8:42AM GMT
Elsie Birdie Hodges' father was Lafayette Franklin (not Lafayette Monroe). But I did learn that her mother, Dora Lee McLaughlin was adopted by a dentist as a young girl. Dora was born in Arkansas in 1978. She also had a brother who my father-in-law remembers as "Uncle Griff".
There is where the info stops for me. I've never been able to find info on Dr. Jim McLaughlin or his wife's name (Dora and Griff's mother)

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 8:49AM GMT
CORRECTION: Dora Lee was born in 1878, not 1978.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic