Search for content in message boards

Hubert George Brown (b.1879) of Pugwash, Nova Scotia

Hubert George Brown (b.1879) of Pugwash, Nova Scotia

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 2:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Webb, McLatchie
I'm based in Australia and I'd like to trace any other descendants of Hubert George Brown, my grandfather, (son of William Henry Brown & Mary Rebecca Seaman) or descendants of his siblings (also born then married in Pugwash), Frank Milford Brown, Laura Louise Brown or Nellie Beatrice Brown.
Frank had 3 children; Doreen Evelyn B, Alan Milford B and Allan William B. Laura married Grant Alfred McLatchie and had a son Robert Grant McLatchie. Laura married Thomas Merit Webb and had 3 children; John Mary and William.
Hubert married my grandmother in California in 1909 and had a son Colin (my father) but the marriage ended when HGB was granted a divorce in 1919 in Chicago. It is probable that HGB had a prior marriage to a Marion and had a son, also named Hubert or Lawrence Hubert.
Any slight hint of information will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hubert George Brown (b.1879) of Pugwash, Nova Scotia

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 10:42PM GMT
I am related by marriage to Frank Milford Brown of Pugwash. I may have some information for you.

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 8:29AM GMT
Hello Barbara
Thanks for the reply and also that reply to my note on Wikitree.com

I'm extremely interested in whatever information you may have. My original message your replied to was; "I'm based in Australia and I'd like to trace any other descendants of Hubert George Brown, my grandfather, (son of William Henry Brown & Mary Rebecca Seaman) or descendants of his siblings (also born then married in Pugwash), Frank Milford Brown, Laura Louise Brown or Nellie Beatrice Brown.
Frank had 3 children; Doreen Evelyn B, Alan Milford B and Allan William B. Laura married Grant Alfred McLatchie and had a son Robert Grant McLatchie. Laura married Thomas Merit Webb and had 3 children; John Mary and William.
Hubert married my grandmother in California in 1909 and had a son Colin (my father) but the marriage ended when HGB was granted a divorce in 1919 in Chicago. It is probable that HGB had a prior marriage to a Marion and had a son, also named Hubert or Lawrence Hubert.
Any slight hint of information will be greatly appreciated."

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Philip

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 10:38PM GMT
I have a few tidbits which I have gleaned from the internet.

Cathy Mazur

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 5:30AM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Hello Cathy
Thanks for the reply and I appreciate your offer of help. Yes, any extra info. you have and can share will be greatly appreciated. Since posting my query, I've managed to patch together a fair amount of material, some of which you can see on my tree; http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/29069762/family

Look forward to hearing from you again. If you prefer to email me directly, please do; pbrown@marketingrecruitment.com.au
Cheers
Philip
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions