Search for content in message boards

Ebenezer cemetery listings?

Ebenezer cemetery listings?

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roberts, Gallegly
Hi, I'm wondering if a transcription exists for Ebenezer Cemetery near Lick Creek (according to my source, it's near the old Ebenezer Cumberland Presbyterian Church, in the northeast corner, Sec. 33, T 11S, R 1E, Union County)? If so, if someone could let me know how I might locate and review a copy (e.g., FHL film, book), that would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Lesley

Re: Ebenezer cemetery listings?

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 11:19PM GMT
My web site has photos, but is only a partial inventory:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~cgmose/ilunion_ehal...

There is a complete listing published in 2004 by Darrel Dexter in Union County, Illinois Cemeteries Volume IV.

Are there any particular names you are interested in?

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 10:50AM GMT
Ahh... that explains... I think the DAR only has volumes I-III of those transcriptions. :-(

Thanks so much. The names I'm looking for are Roberds/Roberts and Gallegly, although the link you sent has other relatives listed - I really appreciate it!

Lesley

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 12:22PM GMT
I have Volume IV. Which names are you looking for? This is a fairly large cemetery and it looks like about 30 pages in the book. There are many listings of both surnames.

Loretta Smith

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Menees Meneese Manees Wiggs Williams
Glad to help.

My relatives buried at Ebeneezer Hall are the Menees/Meneese/Manees and Wiggs, although most of the headstones cited on my web site are related to these or my other Union Co. families. I'd be interested to know which names we may have in common.

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggs, Thornton, Brewer
I'm descended from Lazarus Wiggs and Sarah Brewer through William Thornton and Mary Jane Wiggs' daughter Sarah Gertrude Thornton.

Thanks again,
Lesley

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 4:36PM GMT
Are the listings in order of how they're placed in the cemetery? I'm particularly curious to know which Galleglys are closest to William Thomas Roberds (d. 1863) and his mother Rhoda (Gallegly) Roberds (d. 1849), as I don't have much information on my Gallegly line and the placement might help give me some clues to family relationships.

Thanks,
Lesley

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggs, Brewer, Menees
I'm also descended from Lazarus Wiggs & Sarah Brewer, via Martha Wiggs (sister of your Mary Jane) who married Francis Marion Menees.

I'd like to further compare notes and will contact you off-line if that is OK with you.

Craig

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Wiggs, Brewer
That would be great - please feel free to do so.

Thanks,
Lesley

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 5:11PM GMT
No, they are alphabetical. Sometimes a headstone might say husband/wife of or son/daughter of.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions