7. Ossie Turner md Aggie Deaton
8. Clora Turner md Ova Davidson

I would really appreciate any information about any of these
childrens descendants, if you have any dates to add, names,
or any photo, of any of this family. This family was from
Breathitt County, Kentucky. What I have listed is about the
only thing that I know about them. Edward and Polly Ann
were my G-Grandparents. My line goes through their son,
Rev. Henry Turner md Jennie Raleigh (they are my Grandparents). I'm truly grateful to hear from anybody, that could share any information about this family. I
would also be glad to hear from any descendants of the
RALEIGH FAMILY.
Posted: 19 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Raleigh
Steve, while at the library the other day, I came across this and copied it........Joseph Raleigh b 1832 TN m 1st 9-16-1857 Jane 'Jennie' Turner b 1837 d 9-3-1877, dau of Sam Turner b 1815 and Sally Herald b 1816. Md 2nd Polly Stamper b 1843, dau of Joel Stamper and Mary 'Polly' Turner. Family of six identified children.

A.....Elizabeth Raleigh b 4-1-1870 d 3-5-1950 md John Sebastian b 6-22-1865 d 8-19-19--. John Sebastian was the son of Calloway Sebastian and Mary Johnson. Elizabeth Raleigh Sebastian's obit printed in the Booneville paper dated 3-10-1950.

Mrs. Eliza Sebastian, age 84, died at the home of daughter, Mrs Bob Sandlin at Arnett. Sunday, March 5. She was the mother of Ed Sebastian of Booneville.
Funeral Services was conducted by Rev Jasper Mayes, were held at the Squire Turner Cemetery on Turkey Creek in Breathitt Co, Sunday, March 6
Surviving Mrs Sebastian are five children; Joe, Mrs Sandlin, Mrs Tymanda Turner and Mrs Polly Herald, all of Arnett and Ed of Booneville

John and Elizabeth had six children: 1..Joseph Sebastian b 1-28-1885 md Cythia 'Babe' Turner 2..Tymanda Sebastian b 1891 md Dan Turner 3..Edward Sebastian b 1893 md Ellen McIntosh 4..Polly Ann Sebastian b 1896 md John Herald 5..Granville Sebastian b 1899 md Tamara Bowling 6..Hester Sebastian b 1-10-1891 md Bob Sandlin

B.....Granville Raleigh b 1859 md Emily Turner
C.....Armina Raleigh b 1860 md James Turner
D.....George 'Greenville' Raleigh b 1869 md Elizabeth Herald
E America Raleigh b 1872
F Jeremiah Raleigh b 1875 md Jane 'Jenny' Turner
========================================
Henry Stamper 1856 md Armina Raleigh 1862, d/o Joseph Raleigh & Jennie Turner........children: 1 Elizabeth Stamper 1880; 2 Joseph Stamper 1884; 3 Green Stamper 1885 md Maggie ?? 1890 (a. Tymanda Stamper 1909); 4 Granville Stamper 1884; 5 Nancy Stamper 1891; 6 Lilly B Stamper1894; 7 America Stamper 1898; Eliza Stamper 1901; 9 Jane Stamper 1904.

No references were made that this info had been documented. I am not sure which records I got this from. I have copied it as it appeared in print. I hope this helps some. Golden
Posted: 30 Apr 2002 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2002 10:02PM GMT
Steve,
I am the grandson of Sally and Granville. My mother was Edna Helton Smith married Edwin Smith. I would like any info you have about my Grandparents. David

Re: TURNER

Posted: 4 Nov 2002 6:22PM GMT
david, my husbands grandmother is mary ann turner. she married a smith. her father is henery turner and her mother is polly potter. George is henery dad and granville is georges father. i can on the info i have if you wish. janie

David (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 9:36PM GMT
Mary,
My grandmother was Sarah (Sally) Turner and she married Granville Helton. Sarah was from Breathitt County. Her dad was George Turner I am told. A guy named Steve Turner sent a reply awhile back are you any kin to him? David

mary (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 9:42PM GMT
i know steve and his info to you was correct if we have the same sarah sally turner. was she born in august 1886? her brother henery is my husbands great granfather. if this is same line i can help you some mary

David (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 9:52PM GMT
Mary,
I am not sure my Mom is dead now and My dad doesn't remember any of the dates but she would have been born in the 1800's. It is most likely the same family. Sally is what we always called her and she was buried in Indiana when she died. David

mary (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 9:58PM GMT
the sarah sally i have was buried in indiana also. do you remember hearing any of her brother or sister names maybe if i give them to you it might help. there were 8 children.
1.henery
2.robert g.
3.sarah "sally"
4.edward
5. nannie
6.william
7. ossie
8. clora
hope this help mary

mary (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 9:58PM GMT
the sarah sally i have was buried in indiana also. do you remember hearing any of her brother or sister names maybe if i give them to you it might help. there were 8 children.
1.henery
2.robert g.
3.sarah "sally"
4.edward
5. nannie
6.william
7. ossie
8. clora
hope this help mary

David (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 10:03PM GMT
Mary,
No I don't remember any of them ever being mentioned. I think it is probably the same one. Can you send me the info that you have. Sally was living with her daughter Alberta (Bert) when she died. David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions