Search for content in message boards

Francois Plouffe

Francois Plouffe

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information about the children of Francois Plouffe and Rose Oliver Pinnard. Francois was born june 11,1869 in Westborough, Ma. His parents were Elzear Plouffe born May 2, 1831 in Ste'-Elisabeth, Quebec and Phelanise Piette. The children of Francois and Rose are Lilly Plouffe, Walter Pluff, Mira Della,Pluff, Napoleon Pluff, Wilifred A Plouffe, Celina Isabella Pluff, Florence Plouffe, Joseph L.C. Pluff, Charles R. E. Pluff, and Merilda,Plouffe.

Re: Francois Plouffe

Posted: 13 Sep 2006 5:36AM GMT
I found these on Mass. Vital Records online for the children of Frank Plouffe & Olive Rivard. Could you have had her name wrong? The children seem to match. . .

(Unless otherwise noted, parents were listed as born in Westboro & father was a laborer).

- Lilly Plouffe, b. Jan. 25, 1892 in Worcester. Parents F. & O. Rivard. Father is a teamster. Parents born in Mass.

- Walter Pluff, b. 1893 in Grafton. [Record not online yet].

- Mira Delia Pluff, b. 1894 in Grafton. [Record not online yet].

- Napoleon Ames [Amos] Pluff, b. Oct. 9, 1895 in Grafton. Parents Frank Pluff & Olive Rivard.

- Francis Wilfred Pluff, b. Nov. 1, 1896 in Grafton. Parents Frank Pluff & Olive Rivere.

- Celina Isabella Pluff, b. 1898 in Grafton. [Record not online yet].

- Amos Pluff, d. Aug. 15, 1898 in Grafton. Age 2 yrs., 10 mos. & 6 days. Cause was tubercular meningitis. Born in Grafton & buried in Worcester. Parents Franklin Pluff & Olive Oullette.

- Florence G. Pluff, b. 1900 in Worcester. [Record not online yet, can't be sure it's her].

- Joseph L.C. Plouffe, b. Apr. 12, 1902 in Worcester. Parents Frank Plouffe & Olive Rivard. Father is watchman. Parents born in Northboro.

- Charles R.E. Pluff, b. Apr. 28, 1905 in Worcester, Parants Frank Pluff & Olive Rivard. Father is a helper.

- Gerilda Plouffe, b. Dec. 14, 1906 in Worcester. Parents Frank Plouffe & Olive Rivard.

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Pluff, Plouffe,
Amy,
Thank you for the information. I do believe this is my grandma's family. Why do all the children have the last names spelled differently. How do I get information on the siblings? Also, what does(record not online yet) mean?
Debbie

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 3:46AM GMT
I'm looking at copies of the Mass. vital records online. The records are still in the process of being copied & placed online. So, in some cases, I can find the event on an index, but the copy of the record with the details is not attached to it yet (I hope that makes sense).

I can only guess at why the names are spelled differently. Whomever recorded the event may not bothered to get the correct spelling, and just wrote it as he heard it. Whomever reported the event to the town may not have been literate & couldn't spell the name. It's hard to know exactly why, but it was really not uncommon for names to be misspelled on records.

You can order copies of the records "not online yet" for $3 per record from the Mass. Archives. I'll e-mail with details about this.

Debbie Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2006 11:06PM GMT
Thank you Amy for your help. Are you related to the Plouffe family?

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 11:26PM GMT
No, sorry I'm not.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:11PM GMT
I have found out so much more information since this last post. My grandmother Elizabeth Plouffe was born Cecelia Isabella Plouffe and not Celina as the records show. It seems as if the they changed their names often. I learned that her father is buried at Hope Cemetery in Worchester, Ma. under the name of Frank Pluff. He died Jan. 2, 1916. His grave is unmarked and I plan on having a marker made and placed on his cemetery plot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions