Search for content in message boards

Drakeley / Hicock

Drakeley / Hicock

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a death date for Eunice Hicock /Hickok DRAKELEY.
Or: a second marriage for her spouse Thomas Drakeley.
The present information I have shows Eunice born Woodbury, Litchfield, Conn on 7/11/1706 and died same place 1735.
I have records that show children born to her in 1749. (Samuel and Beterus Drakeley)
Thomas Drakeley (Eunice's spouse) was born Woodbury, Conn. 2/29/1701 and died same place 1789.
I figure either Eunice's death date is in error, or Thomas had a second wife. Would really appreciate any help in resolving this.

Thank you

Jerry

Re: Drakeley / Hicock

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2013 4:06PM GMT
According to the book referenced below, Eunice (Hickok) Drakely must have died after 1735 because there were also the daughters Comfort and Eunice born to them in 1737 and 1739 respectively (See the attached composite of pages 35 & 36). It's possible but, unless it was also a second wife's name, would a second wife have named one of her daughters after his first wife?

The Hickok genealogy : descendants of William Hickoks of Farmington, Connecticut : with ancestry of Charles Nelson Hickok
Rutland, Vt.: Tuttle Pub. Co., 1938, 496 pgs.
Compiled by Henry H. Hurlbut
pages 35, 36

I am not related
Attachments:

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 4:03PM GMT
Here is a much earlier book that names the children of Thomas & Eunice Drakely (see the attached page).

A genealogical dictionary of the first settlers of New England
Boston :: Little, Brown and Co., 1862
Compiled by James Savage
page 71
Attachments:

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 4:34PM GMT
Thank you so much for those pages. Hopefully someday I will run into an actual death date, but for now this will be enough to keep me going on the line.
Appreciate your time.

Jd

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 4:37PM GMT
This is wonderful.... thank you

Jd
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions