Search for content in message boards

Thomas and Elizabeth Brown

Thomas and Elizabeth Brown

Posted: 5 May 2007 2:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Painter, Forrister
Searching for descendants or any information on Thomas Brown, born 1 Feb 1797, wife Elizabeth Panter (Painter?), children: Katherine Adeline Brown, born 11 Jan 1823; Avarilla Brown, born 23 April 1826; Jane Rebecca Brown, born 10 April 1830, married Benjamin Forrister; Lucinda Brunetta Brown, born 4 Sept 1833; Ezekiel G. Brown, born 3 Feb 1836; Eliza Ann Brown, born 24 Nov 1839; John Legrand Brown, born 2 Nov 1843; and Barbara Denada Brown, born 8 Sept 1847. The 1870 and 1880 Cherokee County, North Carolina census has the family living in the Notla District. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Thomas and Elizabeth Brown

Posted: 6 May 2007 6:37AM GMT
Surnames: Brown
How are you related to Thomas and Elizabeth Brown?

Posted: 6 May 2007 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Flowers, Forrister, Fox, Emory, Painter
Jane Rebecca Brown, daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth was my husband's (Bill) ancestor. His line:
Bill Flowers
Floyd Flowers and Margaret Elizabeth (called Teresa) Forrister
Pearl John Forrister and Laura Mae Emory
Thomas Forrister and Mary Ann Fox
Benjamin Forrister and Jane Rebecca Brown
Thomas Brown and Elizabeth Panter (or Painter)

Posted: 6 May 2007 3:17PM GMT
Surnames: Brown Flowers
Wilma, I think we may have an interesting link between our families. I am related to Simon and Elizabeth Brown (1860 Census Gilmer Co, GA). They have a son named Leonard who married a Margaret (?). I think from her age and looking at marriage certificated in Fannin and Gilmer Co's that her last name may have been Flower. Simon and Elizabeth then move to Cherokee Co., NC and are their in 1870 and 1880 (Simon only). In 1860 Leonard Brown is 26 and Elizabeth Brown is 27 (born abt 1833). Do you have an Elizabeth Flowers that was born about 1833 in you family? If so, did they marry a Leonard Brown in Fannin or Gilmer Co's. Also, do you know were your Thomas was born or were he lived before Cherokee Co.?
Mike Brown, Tulsa, OK

Posted: 6 May 2007 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Flowers, Seabolt
Thomas and Elizabeth Brown were in the Cherokee County, North Carolina census in 1840, and may have lived there before that date. The 1870 Cherokee County census tells that Thomas was born in Burke County, North Carolina. I found information on the message boards and in one of the volumes of Heritage of Cherokee County, that Thomas was the son of Amos Brown.

Our families are connected.

Elizabeth Flowers was the daughter of Andrew Flowers and Sarah Seabolt. Elizabeth married S. C. Brown 17 June 1855 in Fannin County, Georgia. Andrew and family were living in Gilmer County in 1850, but this area became a part of Fannin County when it was formed.

Elizabeth Flowers had a brother named James (Jim) Flowers, who married Mary Ann Brown. Did your Simon Brown have a sister named Mary Ann?

Please e-mail me at flowers@dalton.net and let exchange information.
Wilma Flowers

Re: Thomas and Elizabeth Brown correction

Posted: 7 May 2007 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Flowers
This is to correct a mistake on the previous message concerning Elizabeth Flowers Brown. I looked at the Fannin County marriage records again and Elizabeth married L.C. Brown, not S. C. Brown as I stated earlier.
Wilma

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 4:41PM GMT
In the previous message it should be Simon and Margaret Brown and Leonard and Elizabeth Flowers. I mistakenly switched the wife's of Simon and his son Leonard.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic