Search for content in message boards

Biltmore estate early 1900s

Biltmore estate early 1900s

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 4:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Apr 2005 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Biltmore, Golay
I am seeking anyone having connections/information relating to Biltmore Estate in the early 1900s. My great-uncle was farm overseer. He was Jules Golay, Jr. I would like to correspond with others who had ancestors working there during that time period. Cecelia

Re: Biltmore estate early 1900s

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 4:29AM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 10:10PM GMT
My Mother was born and raised on the Estate. Her name is Charlotte Redmon. Also, my Father was a long time employee at the dairy.
You can contact me at dwright1@satx.rr.com
Dale Wright

Christian Jones (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2005 4:11AM GMT
My gg grandparents John Gaither Walker and Evelyn Redman Walker worked on the estates in the early 1900's at the dairy farm. This is all the info I have at this time but I can speak to my grandmother who is still leaving and ask her more about it.
Christian Jones
Easley SC
joneseasl@aol.com

Posted: 25 May 2005 2:21AM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 10:10PM GMT
Christian,
Your gggrandmother Evelyn is my great aunt. She is the sister of my grandfather, George Redmon. Yes they did spell their last name different. That is quite common in this family. I remember aunt Eve from our Christmas dinners at Mama and Papa Redmons place on the Estate. I would love to share any info I have that you do not have.
You can contact me direct at dwright1@satx.rr.com.

Dale Wright
San Antonio, Tx

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 2:12PM GMT
Jules Golay, your Great-Uncle, was my Great-Grandfather. His daughter, Wilmoth, was my Grandmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions