Search for content in message boards

Lott/Ivey family history

Lott/Ivey family history

Posted: 14 Apr 2011 3:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lott/Ivey
I am looking for any informaition possible for my dad's side of the family.
My dad is William Harrison Lott Jr.
His dad was William Harrison Lott Sr. married to Mamie Lucille Ivey.
Mamie had a brother named Sam and a sister named L.E., mother was Emmer and father was Sam Sr.

To my knowledge most of this side of the family lived in and around Caddo Mills/Wolfe City/Ladonia/Paris(Lamar Co.)/Cooper
They may have originated from in the Arkansaw area.

Any help would be WONDERFUL!!! and much appriciated!!

Re: Lott/Ivey family history

Posted: 29 Apr 2011 6:40AM GMT
Surnames: Lott, Bush
William Harrison Lott, Jr. born Dallas County per Texas Birth Index.

William Harrison Lott WWI Draft Reg 1917, Delta County; born 31 Aug 1894 at Caddo Mills. Married, wife's name not shown.
Brother Tom born Hunt County. Brother John born Delta County.

1910 census lists Harrison Lott in Lamar with parents James G. and Nancy Jane. 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
James born Massachusetts. Nancy born Alabama.

1920 census has J.G. and Jane in Lamar with 3 youngest kids.

James George Lott; 17 Apr 1863 - 24 Apr 1934
Nancy Jane Bush; 29 Apr 1876 - 17 Jul 1958
There are a couple of trees online for this family. One has a photo and scanned death certs for J.G. and Jane.

There seem to be more trees tracing W.H.'s brother John Jewel Lott.

You can probably find more records once you know about where to look. I hope these will give you a start.

Posted: 29 Apr 2011 9:33PM GMT
Please confirm death: Mammie Lucille Lott (21 Jan 1912 - 19 Dec 1950)? Father identified as Will Ivey?

Posted: 1 May 2011 3:02AM GMT
Texas Death Certificate, viewable online via www.familysearch.org has that information on it. Burial at Restland Memorial Park.

Posted: 1 May 2011 3:10AM GMT
Yes, I know! The original thread indicates father's name: Sam!

Posted: 1 May 2011 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Lott, Ivey, Parton
A little more digging indicates that William Harrison Lott, Sr. probably had a first wife Velma A. Parton. They had no children that I can find and she died in 1930. He would have then married Mammie Lucille Ivey and had William Harrison Lott, Jr. in 1935.

1910 census lists Emmer S. Ivey, wife of William G., in Hunt County. Her birthplace given as Tennessee. Don't know if this could be your Lucille's parents.

Posted: 2 May 2011 1:15AM GMT
yes, that is her, buried at restland memorial in dallas tx, this is my grandmother

Posted: 2 May 2011 1:22AM GMT
Sorry, additional information, William Jr. had a sister named Annie Mae born March 1933.
William Sr. is buried in Sherman TX.
Will is the possible name for Mamie's father (everyone it seems from that time period liked to change their names as it suited them, lol)
Thank you so very much, I never knew my grandparents as they passed before I was born and as I understand it my grandfather was not very talkative when it came to his family and such.

Posted: 2 May 2011 2:11AM GMT
Where did Sam Ivey, Sr., Sam Ivey Jr., and the reference to Arkansas originate?

Posted: 2 May 2011 2:48AM GMT
I am going off of limited info that my mom has been able to gather over the years, mostly hearsay, that someone lived in arkansaw but she was unsure who and where.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic