Search for content in message boards

Magnus II , Duke of Saxe- Lauenburg and Princess Sofia Gustavsdotter ( Vasa)

Magnus II , Duke of Saxe- Lauenburg and Princess Sofia Gustavsdotter ( Vasa)

Maxine Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2006 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg
I am lookin for some information and pictures of the grave or Duke Magnus II who was born 1543 in Of Ratzeburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Prussia.
He died May 1603 in Ratzeburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Prussia.
Burial: Schlosskapelle, Ratzeburg-Schleswig-Holstein, Prussia
I have been trying to find out if his grave would be in a church or buried with his other Dukes and family.
Please steer me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Maxine

Re: Magnus II , Duke of Saxe- Lauenburg and Princess Sofia Gustavsdotter ( Vasa)

Posted: 14 Jul 2006 1:59AM GMT
The grave most likely doesn't exist anymore unless he was a really big wheel and his family got a major "everlasting" memorial. If Schlosskapelle still exists, they can probably answer the question (Google Sch... and Ratzeburg).

Re: Magnus II , Duke of Saxe- Lauenburg and Princess Sofia Gustavsdotter ( Vasa)

Robert T. (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2006 2:39AM GMT
Maxine, I just wanted to mention that Schleswig-Holstein did not become a province of the state of Prussia until 1867!

Robert

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 4:24AM GMT
Hi cousin! Duke Magnus was buried in the Ratzeburg castle. He has his coat of arms hanging in a church I'm assuming in Ratzeburg. My aunt visited there and found it there. I'd have to have her look it up for sure. I remember her talking about it. She has looked up genealogy stuff since the beginning of time!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic