Search for content in message boards

Edward Roe

Re: Edward Roe

Carolyn Wilson Dyer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 May 2003 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Roe, Bailey, Wilson, Blevins, Cox, Black
John Littleton Roe and Elizabeth Bailey son Edward "Ned" Roe married Paulina Wilson daughter of William Wilson and Rachel Blevins (My g-g-g-grandparents)
John Littleton Roe and Sidney Roe are brother and sisters.
Rebecca Cox Boggs Wilson daughter of Odom Cox and first wife Eliza Black is my g-g-grandmother and married William "Billy" Wilson. I also have information on the Roe, Cox and Wilson families.

Edward Roe

wanda (View posts)
Surnames: Black, Cox, Lambert, Frazier, Baldridge
I have some information on the Edward Roe and Ellender Littleton family if you would like to E-mail me. My line is their daughter Sidney Roe who married Odom Cox, my great great grandfather. Would be glad to share what info I have with you. Wanda

Edward Roe

Edited: 28 May 2003 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: Roe, Littleton
Hi--

Since I just got my new computer, I have been searching around for Roe queries. I see that I have missed a few things on your list...I thought Edward Roe married Atha Eleanor Littleton, but your list calls her Ellender...I have no data on Nancy's kids except Alice...the exit of a would-be relative...Are there any Roe's left out there???

Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2003 2:26PM GMT
Surnames: Blevins, Wilson
Carolyn:

Do you know who Sarah Blevins b:1785 spouse was?

How may kids are you showing for Sarah Blevins b:1785?

How many spouses did William Wilson b:1816 in NC have?

How many kids did William Wilson b:1816 have with each spouse (presuming more than one)?

Carolyn Wilson Dyer (View posts)
Edited: 28 May 2003 2:26PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON, BLEVINS
The spelling Paulina is correct spelling. Paulina is a Wilson family name and has been repeated for many generations. Some who have the name Paulina are called Lina or Linney.
I have an extensive documented database on all my families and have been researching for many years. William Wilson father was William Wilson I have an early court document that listed William Wilson and son William Wilson. Rachel's mother is Sarah Blevins born 1785 in Virginia and died after 1860. She can be found on the early 1830 Lawrence County, Kentucky Census and on the Carter County Census 1850-1860.

Edited: 28 May 2003 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: ROE, WILSON, BLEVINS
Carolyn:

Just wanted to verify that Paulina Wilson's name was not really Pearlina. Also, do you have parents for either/both William Wilson and Rachel Blevins? FYI, "Ned" is my 1st cousin.

Posted: 28 May 2003 2:20PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2003 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: Roe, Moore
Looking for info on Dicey Jane Roe, supposedly born in Ky. m. Oliver P. Moore b. In. and had son Wiley Benton Moore. in Ks. in 1868.

Posted: 6 May 2007 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Roe, Wilson, Blevins
I have listed William Wilson & Catherine McLean for William Wilson who was born 13 Aug 1835 in Wilkes Co, NC, died 18 Oct 1875 in Chariton, MD and married Rachel Blevins on 18 Oct 1875 in Lawrence Co., KY. Sorry I do not have Rachel Blevins parents.

William and Rachel were the great grandparents of my husband's grandmother, Nancy A. Wilson who married John William Blevins.

Do you have any pictures of the Wilson's ancestors? All I have is of John and Nancy. I also have a picture of their headstone if you interested.

Been working on the Blevins/Wilsons family tree for a couple of years off and on and having problems with coming up with brick walls on trying to verify information. Have not been able to get to the Court House in Carter Co to see what information I can find. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 6:50PM GMT
My maiden name is Roe and I am looking for family of Luke Roe,Charity Miller Roe, Edward Roe from Tennessee.My dad was born in Tazwell Tennassee on May 1 1930.His dad is named James Rowe but the two spellings of roe are different so i'm not sure of the last name he had an uncle named Elijah Rowe that lived in Columbus.If any one can help me figure this out that would great.My dad died in 1970 when i was a little girl so we never got to know anybody from his family.I would love to hear from anybody who knows anything and i would love to find some family on his side.

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 1:18PM GMT
In early census data I always thought the 2 spellings were by chance(phonetic spelling).
I'm sure Dicy Jane was living next to her brother in 1860,William Rowe, as her firstborn was named William and William Rowe had a daughter 2 yrs old named Dicy Jane.
I would try and get an obit for your father. Did your mother ever meet any of his family.
There should be tracks to follow somewhere.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions