Search for content in message boards

Clifton/Morenci Families

Clifton/Morenci Families

Posted: 1 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 May 2002 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Perez, Cota, Rivera, Ruiz
Perez, Cota, Rivera, Ruiz

Circa 1888 mining families from the state of Chihuahua Mexico were recruited to come to (Greenlee county) the copper mines at Morenci. The Perez and some of the Cota families returned to Naiquipa, Chih., Mexico. Circa 1911 these and other families from Namiquipa and Bachiniva who also had been to(or had family members)in Arizona relocated to New Mexico and the copper mining towns of Grant County. In the 1920's many of the Hispanic families who had worked the copper mines at Morenci were forced to leave that area and many of them also came to Grant County in Southwestern New Mexico.Iam seeking correspondance from anyone who may have knowledge of these families which may still remain in Mexico

Re: Clifton/Morenci Families

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 1:35PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2002 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: jimenez, silvas, villescas, rivera,
i know a cruz perez are you the son or the father, the father (cruz perez)used to live in loma linda in clifton arizona. i have some riveras in my family, how are the riveras related to you . and what are there names?
my name is yolanda jimenez, my dad owned the clifton cash and carry market in south clifton.
thanks for any info that you give me about the riveras.
yolanda jimenez

Cruz Perez (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Perez, Rivera, Cota
No, I am not the Cruz Perez you have reference to. I am from New Mexico and now live at in north Texas. My father was born at (or in the vicinity of) Morenci in 1900 his younger sister was born there in 1902 and later, on date unknown the family returned to Namiquipa/Bachiniva area of Chihuahua, Mexico where the youngest of the family was born. (I viewed an LSD film did not find any Hispanic names in the 1900 U. S. Census for Morenci.)

Gabriel Rivera age 40 [son of Dolores Rivera and Maria Antonia Marin] and his wife Maria Petra Cota age 31 [daughter of Ygnacio Cota and Maria De La Luz Vasquez] baptized a daughter named Maria who was born Sept. 30, 1894. A daughter was born in 1896. Other children were born in the 1900s

Maria Petra Cota Rivera was a maternal aunt of my father, Jesus Cota Perez.
cruzperea@aol.com

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 3:13PM GMT
i am also looking for a maria vasquez. did she ever live in metcalf az.
yolanda

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Vasquez, Silba(Silva), Perez, Cota
My father's maternal grandmother Maria De La Luz Vasquez-Cota lived in the State of Chihuahua Mexico. My father's parents, Juan Jose Perez and Maria De La Luz Cota came to Arizona after 1888 but returned to Namiquipa, Chih., Mexico after 1902. They subsequently migrated to Monticello, Grant County, New Mexico in about 1914.

In 1885, at Bachiniva, Mexico, Maria Clara Perez (born about 1867), who was a sister of my grand father, Juan Jose Perez, married Gregorio Silbas (born about 1860), son of Barbaso Silbas and Juana Peres. They also may have come to Arizona.

Posted: 29 Nov 2001 7:50AM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2001 7:38PM GMT
I'm searching for info. on the Jimenez branch of my family. I need the name of my gggrandfather. I have the deathe cert. for my ggrandfather, Francsico Jimenez but it doesn't show his parents' names. I do know they were from Mexico. I have info. that places Francisco in Sonora, Mex.: Alta, San Miguel de Horcasitas, Arispe. Francisco married Guadalupe Romero Nov. 1874 in Tucson, AZ died Feb. 1913 Tucson, AZ. He was a mason.My father's name is Gilbert Jimenez.

Posted: 30 Nov 2001 2:49PM GMT
Surnames: Jimenez
sorry i do not know any Jimenez in Tucson,the Jimenez in my family came from El Paso.
I wish i could be of more help.
yolanda

Posted: 1 Dec 2001 5:26PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Edited: 1 Dec 2001 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Jimenez
Maybe we have a common relative who dates further back. What is your great grandfather's name? I'll list the first names of the Jimenez offspring that have been passed down: Joaquin, Andres Federico, Alfredo, Rudolfo, Ramon, Mateo Francisco, Gustavo, Teresa, Olivia, Claudio, Alejandro, Luisa, Maria, Ramona, Braulio. Do we have any common names?
What is the earliest date you can place your Jimenez relatives in Arizona, Mexico and New Spain? Did you know there are Jimenez's in Florence, AZ who have lived there many years? Have you researched the Morman Church Family History Library or the AZ state archives? I was able to find info. in those records. Let's keep in touch. We may be able to figure out the puzzle of the historical AZ Jimenez families.

Posted: 25 Mar 2006 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Perez
Hello, my line is connected to the Perez from Grant , NM in the1900, NM. Benito Perez and Nicolasa Hernandez ggrandparents. They had several children Nicolas, Carolina, Manuel , Apolonio and a few other. Manuel Perez was my grandfather, and he was married to Irene Leyva. Irene Leyva passed away very young. After my grandmother's death, Manuel Perez was involved with several women, and had more children.

Posted: 16 Jul 2011 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: Leyva, Leybas, Canales, Saldana, Madrid, Perez, Yanez, Ponce, Rios
I know you posted awhile back...but I have a Guadalupe Perez married ti Thereasa Leyva (Leyba) in 1912. Have you ran across these names in your reseach?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic