Search for content in message boards

Horner genealogy

Horner genealogy

Posted: 20 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2003 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: HORNER
I am researching the Isaac Horner(1755 - 1849) and Zilpha Horner family. Isaac was buried in Monongalia county. I would also like information on Nathan Horner (Isaac and Zilpha's son) who married Sarah Bartley. If you have any information concerning any of them or any relatives please contact me. I am looking forward to your e-mail. Thank you.
Posted: 19 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2003 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: HORNER, CAIN
Would like to know if your HORNER family may have come from New Jersey through Greene Co, Pa and on to WV? Do you have any information as to parents and siblings in connection to your HORNER?

I have a MARY HORNER born 1790 in New Jersey mar'd THOMAS CAIN before 1812 in either New Jersey or Pa. They came to Wood, Wirt and Roane Cos, WV.

Was wondering if there could be a connection in these HORNER families, and if so exchanging information.
Please e-mail me. Thank you Vicki VLANHAM@AOL.COM

reply to query

Posted: 26 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2003 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Horner
Vicki,
I have looked through my material, I have several Mary Horner's listed. None of them, however, are married to Thomas Cain.
I do believe that Isaac and Zilpha went from New Jersey to Greene county, PA and then came to WV. If I ever get any information concerning a Mary Horner married to a Thomas Cain, I will get in touch with you.
Thanks for answering my query.
Holly Horner

Horner

Susan Gleason (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
I, too am researching the Horners. Nathan and his wife Sarah had at least 2 children:
Charles (1822-1900). Charles married Louisa Mahaney. They lived in Wetzel County. He received a land grant in 1848. He was elected to the Virginia Legislature in 1853 & the WV Legislature in 1871. He and his wife had 10 children.

Permelia Horner (1832-1909). She was the wife of Alexander C. Ullom (my ancestor). They lived in Joseph Mills, Tyler County & had 12 children. Permelia died in 1909 of pancreatic cancer. She and her husband are buried in the Spring Hill Cemetery in Tyler County.

I think that Permelia's uncles, Charles & Isaac Jr. received land grants to what is now Wetzel County, WV in the 1820's & 30's. Permelia's brother Charles later received a land grant in Wetzel Co. in 1948, so the Wetzel County Genealogical Society had a little bit of information on him.

Cain/Horner

J Lynch (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN
I believe if you check in Roane County you will find the information you need. This Thomas is reported to be a brother to my ggggrandfather, Walter.

Isaac Horner/Eleanor Brown

Posted: 13 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2003 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Horner, Willey, Dulaney, Brock
I have Isaac Horner [c1732] married to Eleanor Brown. Their son Isaac Horner [c1755] married to Zilpha unknown.
Their daughter Zilpha Horner [c1806] married to Absolom Willey. Their daughter Zilpha Willey [c1830] married to John H. Dulaney, my Great grandfather. I do not have lots of info, but am willing to share what I have. Let me know if this feeds into your line, and what more you need.

looking for

Connie Rightmire Metcalf (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am looking for Jesse Horner. She married Eral Ramond Rayn. She lived in Kansas. Please help. She had 5 children, Patrica,Dean, Arlie, i dont know the others.

Re: Horner genealogy

Posted: 10 Aug 2004 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2005 10:06PM GMT
I am related to Isaac and Zilphas son John Horner who married Jemima Bartley...Sue

Re: Isaac Horner/Eleanor Brown

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 6:58AM GMT
Surnames: king; postalwait
Hello, I am searching my lines, and have Carl Earle Postalwait being a son of "Virginia" King and Richard Nelson Postalwait (with several sur name variations. I am told she died a few months after my great-grandfather was born. His birth date was 5/8/1897. Do you have anything to help me, do you know what tribe I should look at? Kim

Re: Isaac Horner/Eleanor Brown

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 3:29PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2006 9:37PM GMT
Hi Kim;

I am sorry but I do not have anything which ties into your line. This line in my history is very limited.

Good hunting!

Doris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic