Search for content in message boards

Finding Family

Finding Family

Judith H. Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DUNSTAN, HENDERSON, CURRY, GREY, HEATHERSHAW, BARKER, BRIMACOMBE
All of these ancestors emmigrated to Australia during the 1800's and all but the Greys and Heathershaws lived in the
Bendigo - Ballarat district in Victoria. If any of you are searching for the same names please contact me.

Re: BARKER's

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BARKER, KELLY, KELEY, THOMAS
There is a large BARKER family descended from an early C19th convict named Thomas BARKER. Deported to Hobart, Tasmania from Shropshire, England. By the turn of the century a very large BARKER family had descended from this line. Some had moved to Victoria and other places.

I have a lot of info to exchange on this line of the BARKER family. Currently looking for missing descendants.

Dunstan of Bendigo - Ballarat

Posted: 19 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: Dunstan, Penhallurick
I am searching for Dunstans who married Penhalluricks.
Thomas Dunstan had at least three daughters who married three Penhallurick brothers. I am looking for descendants of these families.

I can provide exact details of the couples and some descendants to anyone interested.

Henderson

S Carter (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Seymour
Hi,
I'm rereaching a Thomas Henderson, he emigrated from Cumberland England in 1875,to New Zealand
he was born 1857, approximately 1899 he lived in Wollongong Australia. And died 1937 in Waverly Australia. He was married to a Maria Nash but she died young, possibly before he went to Australia

Might be able to Help?

Raymond Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dunston
I live in Bendigo, do you know if any died in Bendigo, if so what cemetery, I could look for you if that would be any help?

Raymond Henderson
batman@diesel.net.au

immigrated to Victoria from Lesbury Nothumberland

Mark Farmer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grey, Casslyn
Victoria

CURRY

Lyndal Black (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CURRY
Searching Mary Immaculate CURRY, b.c1848, possible Farrell Flat, South Australia. married Henry John EASTWOOD 11 June 1889

genealogy

joan mcilwain (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CURRY
I would be gateful for any information concerning me grandfather, JOHN AUGUSTINE CURRY. birth date approx 1868 in Co Armagh, Ireland. Arrived in victoria as an orphan, reputedly both parents dying at sea. Attended an orphanage in Geelong, unable to find any record of him at the St.Augustine Orphange Gelong, though interesting that his second name is such. There was a protestant orphanage in Geelong also at that time, but I have not been able to find records of inmates.
JACurry worked on "Coolangatta", a grazing property as a lad, joined the Victorian Railways, married and settled in Geelong. I would like to trace his family roots in Ireland as well as the existance of any other family members here.

Re - Barker

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2002 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Barker
Hi. Searching for a Mary Lucretia Barker. or any of her Family or siblings. Assumable born
in the Wangarrata area Vic. Abt,late 1870-1880s Married a George William Dykes in Vic. 1903.

Thanks Tony Hull

Re: BARKER's

Posted: 13 Aug 2004 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2006 5:34AM GMT
Noticed that you have two names that may be connected. Do you have a William Barker married to a Grace Thomas in Hobart in 1879?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions