Sammichele - LERARIO

Sammichele - LERARIO

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 1:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I'm looking for any info regarding this surname -- thanks

Re: Sammichele - LERARIO

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 7:06PM GMT
My grandfather, Domenick Luisi b. 1880, was from Sammichele and was related to a Lerario family through his mother, Rosa Netti Luisi.
contact me if you think there is any relationship.
Anita Luisi Colvin

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 12:34AM GMT
Hi Anita- The surname NETTI doesn't sound familiar. Too bad... Thanks for contacting me and best of luck in your searchs.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 2:09AM GMT
OK, just one more thing. Did any members of your Lerario family live anywhere near Auburn or Syracuse, NY? My grandfather did sponsor a Lerario to the US. I don't have my notes with me, but I think his name was Nicola Lerario. there was also a Joseph Lerario, who came to the US as a young boy. He never married and died several years ago. I used to speak with him about Sammichele, but he didn't remember much.
Anita

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 2:18AM GMT
There are quite a few LERARIOs in the Auburn area but I haven't been able to make any connection. My grandfather settled in Bronx, New York. I was told that he had several brothers that came to NY but I have no further info.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 12:32PM GMT
Well, if you get any info on an Auburn connection, I will be glad to give you any info I have on the Lerarios there.

Thanks for responding to my post!
Anita

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 1:18AM GMT
I have a Giacomo Lerario arriving in NY on Oct 12, 1920 aboard the Providence. His wife is listed as Antonia Netto (which could be Netti) of S. bartolomeo In Galdo.(?)
Also a Nicola Lerario arriving in NY March 23 1920 aboard the Madonna.
both were from San Michele or Sammichele as it is also known. Info is from Ellisislandrecords.org Manifest records.

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 1:31AM GMT
It took quite a bit of digging but I found my grandfather on the Ellis Is database. His last name was misspelled as LEZARIS. He arrived 4/23/1913 as confirmed by his naturalization papers.

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 12:39PM GMT
I had the same issue as my grandfathr's name was also misspelled. It was also not on the specified page. After paging ahead, I finally found it when I paged back. Glad you had success.

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 3:32PM GMT
I am looking for a Carmela Netti Lerario. b circa 1881 and her daughter, Rosaria Anna C. Lerario b. 1934 in San Michele, di Bari Italy or Sammichele as it is sometimes referred. Carmela was the second wife of Giacomo(James) Lerario. Both females came to US in 1948. At that time, Giacomo lived in Auburn, NY and had 4 other children by his first wife, Antonia Netti Lerario, who I assumed passed away in Italy. Giacomo travelled to Italy several times after his first arrival. He was a naturalized US citizen at the time of Rosaria's birth. She is listed as a US citizen on the ship Manifest. Carmela's brother is listed as Nicola Netti and their father was Stefano Netti all originally from San Michele. Carmela was a first cousin to my grandfather Dominico Luisi on his mother's (Rosa Netti Luisi) side. Rosa and Stefano were brother and sister.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic