Search for content in message boards

John Davy (b.1813, d. ~1845), Norfolk England to Adams, Indiana, USA

John Davy (b.1813, d. ~1845), Norfolk England to Adams, Indiana, USA

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 6:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davy, Tricker
I am searching for information on John Davy of county Norfolk, England. According to his Declaration of Intention to Become a Citizen of the United States, signed in Adams County, Indiana on 22 April 1842, John was born in county Norfolk on 5 Dec 1813. He emigrated from the port of Yarmouth on 13 Apr 1836 to Ontario, Canada. He then immigrated to the US, arriving in Lewiston, NY on 29 May 1840.

John Davy was married to Anne Tricker (date and place unknown) and had four children:
James Davy, b. 25 Sep 1836 in Easton, Suffolk, England
Sarah Davy, b. 16 Sep 1838 in Canada
George W. Davy, b. 13 Sep 1841 in Indiana
Joshua Davy, b. Aug 1843 in Indiana

John Davy died 1843-1845, presumably in Adams County, Indiana. His widow married Samuel Eley in 1845 but divorced him in the 1850s on the grounds that he had abandoned her. She went back to using Davy as her surname until her death in 1884.

I am specifically looking for the place where John Davy was born in Norfolk and his parents’ names. I would also like to know where and when he died in Indiana. Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I would be happy to share what information I have on the children of John and Anne Davy if anyone is interested.

Re: John Davy (b.1813, d. ~1845), Norfolk England to Adams, Indiana, USA

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 12:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
There is a baptism for Anne Tricker at Easton , Suffolk 1st June 1817 , daughter of James Tricker and Sarah nee Wade . Thus it would seem plausible that Anne returned to her parents to give birth to James whilst John Davy sailed to the US .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic