Search for content in message boards

Crematoriums in the Hemel Hempstead area & Boxmoor Parish Church

Crematoriums in the Hemel Hempstead area & Boxmoor Parish Church

Posted: 9 Dec 2009 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Dec 2009 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: SPOUSE, LATCHFORD, MILLS
Does anyone know whether there was a crematorium in the Hemel Hempstead area in 1947 &, if so, is there an online link to it? Or is there a Monumental Index booklet that covers Boxmoor Parish Church & Hemel Hempstead for 1947 & 1957?

Looking for the burial of WILLIAM THOMAS SPOUSE who died 31 Jul 1947. His death was registered in Biggleswade, Beds however he was not buried in Biggleswade, Arlesey (where he was visiting at time of death), Stotfold, nor in three cemeteries in Bucks where wife ALICE FRANCES SPOUSE nee LATCHFORD's 1957 death was registered in Amersham.

Last know address for this couple was Greenfield, St. Johns Road, Hemel Hempstead in late 1924.

Their daughter, ALLISON JOYCE MILLS nee SPOUSE, 1988 death took place in High Wycombe & she was cremated in Chiltern along with their grandson, but not the SPOUSES.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Joan

Re: Crematoriums in the Hemel Hempstead area & Boxmoor Parish Church

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 7:21PM GMT
To my knowledge there was no crematorium in Hemel Hempstead, the nearest would be Golders Green in Middx. The nearest one now used by HH would be Garston nr Watford, Herts.
Boxmoor Parish Church is St Johns, Hemel is St Marys.
The old cemetary used in HH would be Heath Lane, records kept by Dacorum Borough Council.

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 7:51PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2009 9:31PM GMT
Thank you for the information.
A month ago I tried connecting to Dacorum Borough Council by sending an email to jim.guiton@dacorum.gov.uk, but have not had a reply.
The Dacorum Borough Council "Contact" option is not the easiest to use & I seem to be floundering in an attempt to get through.
Do you have an email address for the council office that I could try?
Joan

Posted: 27 Dec 2009 11:22AM GMT
Sorry to hear you're having difficulties but the only info I have is tel: 01442 228066 and email:
cemetaries@dacorum.gov.uk.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can help as I live in the Dacorum area.
Kind regards

Posted: 27 Dec 2009 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2009 10:25PM GMT
Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately the email sent to cemeteries@dacorum.gov.uk was rejected by the Postmaster@dacorum.gov.uk because the user was not listed in Domino Directory.

I live on the West Coast of Canada therefore due to the time difference phoning is not really an option.

My next attempt was to feedback@dacorum.gov.uk. Hopefully this address works & my email will be redirected to the proper authorities as it appears to have gone through & not been rejected.

Perhaps in the New Year if I still haven't received a reply would it be too much trouble to ask you to phone the Town Council on my behalf, providing it does not involve a long distance phone charge for you?

I really appreciate your kindness.

Joan

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 8:30PM GMT
No probs, please let me know and I will try to help.

Posted: 5 Jan 2010 6:11PM GMT
I have had no response from Dacorum & would be very grateful if you would be so kind as to phone, on my behalf, whoever it is that tends to Hemel Hempstead burials. Do hope you are able to find some information! Many thanks.

Joan

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 7:06PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2010 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: SPOUSE,LATCHFORD
Have you been able to make any progress with Decorum Town Council regarding the burials of WILLIAM THOMAS SPOUSE who died 31 July 1947 & ALICE FRANCES SPOUSE nee LATCHFORD who died during the 1/4 of 1957?

As mentioned earlier, I have not had a reply to several emails sent to Decorum.

Many thanks for your help.

Joan

Posted: 18 Jan 2010 3:11PM GMT
Hi Joan
Apologies for not getting back to you before this but owing to Xmas and bad weather etc. Have today made contact with the council and should have some info for you by end of this week!
Do you require any web addresses for St John's Parish Church, Boxmoor or St Mary's, Hemel Hempstead?
Kind regards
Vivien

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 6:00PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 20 Jan 2010 2:02PM GMT
Hi Joan
Hopefully now have the info you seek:

William and Alice Spouse were buried in the Heath Lane, Boxmoor, Hemel Hempstead cemetery details below:

Plot: QA10R
William was buried 7th August 1947
Alice was buried 14th January 1956
Alice is listed as the grave owner
There is a memorial and have been advised arrangements could be made to show you where the grave is - logistically probably not possible.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Vivien
PS My own grandparents were buried in this cemetary too!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions