Search for content in message boards

Who knows of a Phebe BARBER b. 1806?

Who knows of a Phebe BARBER b. 1806?

Posted: 21 Jul 2013 4:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know of a Phebe Barber b. 1806 perhaps in Harwinton or another town in Litchfield County? This is NOT the Phebe born 1801 in Harwinton to Issachar and Caroline Barber, as that Phebe died in 1811. The "1806 Phebe" married my great-great-grandfather, Sylvanus Twist, 05 Aug. 1827 (some show the date of the intentions,
22 July 1827, as the marriage date). I am trying to find Phebe's parents and siblings.
I would appreciate any information.
Carol

Re: Who knows of a Phebe BARBER b. 1806?

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 3:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
You got a tough one here. One thing to keep in mind is that for period of about 30 years after the Revolutionary War, alot of connecticut births were not recorded.
Your intention & marriage dates are correct, The intention was filed in Granville, Massachusetts. The entry in the town record book says "Sylvanus Twist of Winchester ( CT )and Phebe Barber of Granville." So Phebe was living in Granville at the time of marriage. In the vital records of Granville, Mass., Granville births, there is listed an unnamed child born 1805.
"Barber, ch. Lt. Edmund Jr. and Tabitha (d. Lt. Samuel Bancroft), Aug. 5, 1805."

There was Thomas Barber in Granville, s. Peleg and Isabell (Sherman), Oct. 24, 1783, in Hopkinton. ( Rhode Island ), died Dec. 11, 1840, Granville. Age would make him a possible brother of Edmund Barber.

The published book of the Barber Genealogy does not list your Phebe nor Edmund and Thomas Barber.

I`d suggest you research Peleg & Thomas and the Rhode Island Barbers

Larry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions