Search for content in message boards

Col. Fleming Hodges of Lawrence County, Alabama

Col. Fleming Hodges of Lawrence County, Alabama

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodges, Preuitt, McDaniel
I am trying to sort out the family of Col Fleming Hodges (Senator) of Alabama. He first married Martha Patsy Johnson or Johnston. Second marriage to Martha Patsy Looney and a possible 3rd marriage to Sara Kimsey. Fleming was the brother of William Mason Hodges and John Hodges. I believe parents of these brothers were William Hodges and Elizabeth Kirby. Many ressearchers have mixed up the families of these 3 brothers and I am trying to sort it out once and for all. Fleming had a daughter Eliza whose second marriage was to her first cousin Daniel Merritt Hodges. Daniel is the son of Fleming's brother John. Need to definitively confirm Eliza's mother... Daniel and Eliza's daughter Louisa married William Preuitt McDaniel on 19 Jan 1858 in Lawrence County, AL. Louisa and William are my GGG grandparents. Also, confirmation of Fleming's birth and death dates. Thank you.

Re: Col. Fleming Hodges of Lawrence County, Alabama

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Hodges
Do you have any HODGES in Jefferson Co., Ala. My GG Grandfather started showing up in the 1850 Census in Jefferson Co. His name was Leroy H. Hodges, he was born in 1806 in Laurens Co., SC., and one of his sons was Thomas Daniel Hodges which was my G. Grandfather. You may have seen my post in trying to find Leory's Parents Names.
Thanks. Peggy

Re: Col. Fleming Hodges of Lawrence County, Alabama

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 11:22PM GMT
The Fleming Hodges who was married to Looney and Johnston, was the son of William Mason Hodges. As for the Sarah Kimzey, she was married to the Fleming Hodges who was the GRANDSON of William Mason Hodges. Fleming, who married Sarah Kimzey, was the son of Col. John Hodges and Sarah Merritt of Greenville County, SC.
William Mason Hodges was married first to Elizabeth Kirby and second to Elizabeth McGlathery Sims. The second marriage took place in Limestone Co., Alabama in 1830.
The children of William Mason Hodges are easily documented from his probate. Daniel Merritt Hodges died in Greenville County, SC in 1883. He was the son of John Hodges and Sarah Merritt.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions