Search for content in message boards

Henry Smith married to Lydia Akins

Henry Smith married to Lydia Akins

Gary Hodge (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 2:53PM GMT
Henry was born in 1883 d1925 one of his sons was named Calvin who was born in Hammond and married Matilda Janack at Star Lake in 1947 or 48. We are really trying to trace Henry's family back, any information will be helpful..Thank you in advance for your time.

Henry Smith

Rose M Janack Bellefleur (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 4:22PM GMT
My grandfather was Edison Raymond Janack Sr. He and my grandmother (Margaret E. Hatch Janack) lived in Star Lake in the late or mid fifties. My grandfather had several brothers and sisters in the area. I was born in Ogdensburg and he was born in Canada. If any of this rings a bell please contact me and see if we can join forces and may even be related by long distance. Really hope to hear a positive answer. If not good luck in your search mine has just begun. Thanks for Your Time,
Rose

Janack

Posted: 8 Apr 2000 5:11PM GMT
My name is Matilda Janack VanNamee. My grandfather was Charles Janack and he had a large family. I lived in Star Lake in the 50's but I don't remember that name. Please reply to bonnie@ithink.net. Send your email address.

Janack

Posted: 8 Apr 2000 5:15PM GMT
My name is Matilda Janack VanNamee. My grandfather was Charles Janack and he had a large family. I lived in Star Lake in the 50's but I don't remember that name. Please reply to bonnie@ithink.net. Send your email address.

Matilda Janack Smith

Lisa Wojtaszek (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 7:54AM GMT
Hi there-
I came across your message and just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I'm also working on the Janack family!
My paternal grandfather Ozious Janack was born in Benson Mines in 1903 and I'm trying to trace that side of the family now.
His parents were Charles Janack and Georgeanne Charion (spelling may be off). Do these names ring a bell to you?
I think Matilda is a distant cousin of mine-the Janacks are a BIG family!!! I'm so glad I found your posting-maybe we
can join forces and help each other out!!! You can email me at squirrel@wtvhmail.com-hope to hear from you soon!!!

Another Janack-Hooray!

Lisa Wojtaszek (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 8:05AM GMT
Hi Rose!
Charles and Georgeanne Janack were my great grandparents-I'm one of their son Ozious' granddaughters. Just want to let you know that I'm also beginning to trace the Janack family. FYI-the original French spelling appears to be GIGNAC!
My Grandpa Ozious was born in Benson Mines in 1903 and my father remembers visiting Charles and Georgeanne in Star Lake when he was a boy. I am just tickled pink to know that there are more Janacks out there working on the family-I hope we
can put our heads together and help each other out!!! My email address is- squirrel@wtvhmail.com . Hope to hear from you soon!!!!!
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 1:07AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2003 4:43AM GMT
Hello Rose and Lisa-
First of..how are you making out Lisa. Rose, I noticed that you said you were from Star Lake, So are my Godparents(aunt and uncle), Paul and Janet Jenack, I don't know if you recall them, he worked at the mines there during your time frame (50's). I have also been working the Jenack,Janack, Jannack ect. names. My relatives came from the Morrisburg area of Ontario.I've made it back as far as 1819 to Edward Jannack my GGGrandfather, I have also come across many cousins that are in canada that I never knew were there..If you think I have rang any bells let me know. My Grandfather was Cecil Jenack(Jannack)the name got changed some how when he came to the US.
Brian

My father was Charles Janack,his father was Charles

Michelle(Janack)Abbott (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2000 5:18PM GMT
My fathers name was Charles Janack, He had a brother named Raymond,one named Clifford,one named Gene and I know there were several others. My mothers name is Dawn(High). I know the family lived in Star Lake. When my parents divorced we were forbidden any contact with the Janack side of the family.I too am seeking my roots. Perhaps we can swap information. My e-mail address is nymohawk57@hotmail.com.

Charles Janack

Michelle Janack Abbott (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 4:38PM GMT
Matilda
My father was Charles Janack b.10/31/29 d.07/04/68. He was born in Star Lake. He had several brothers and two sisters. They were Betty and Mary and Fred,Richard,Eugene,Clifford,Edmund and William. Their father was Ozious Janack and mother was Madgeline GROTH Janack. If any of these names ring a bell let me know. I hope they do.

janack

Matilda Janack VanNamee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 3:50PM GMT
MichelleMy fathers name was Ezra and he was a brother to Ozious I new uncle Ozzious real well; also aunt Margaret. I also new your dad We used to play together as kids. He stayed with Uncle Clifford and aunt Marion in Benson Mines for a time. I WAS SORRY ABOUT mARY. sHE USED TO STOPPand see me when they came to Cranberry Lake camping,I kind of loss tttrack of your dads family afte4 we grew up.Mary was the only one that kept in contact with the family up home.Your dad and I were the same age, JUST A MONTH APART, good to here from some of the family.re
per page

Find a board about a specific topic