Search for content in message boards

Can anyone decipher this cause of death?

Can anyone decipher this cause of death?

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I viewed my great-great-grandmothers cause of death on the St Louis 1883 death register. The handwriting was very difficult to read but it seems to state something like "Murrbus Brightin" as the cause of death. Does anyone know what this might have meant?

Re: Can anyone decipher this cause of death?

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 1:52PM GMT
It will be easier for someone to help if you'll attach a copy of the register.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 2:41PM GMT
Since I use my public library's subscription/edition of Ancestry, I don't think I can do that.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 3:11PM GMT
Then can you please post the details (name, date, location) that will enable someone else to see the register.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 3:31PM GMT
Her name was Anna Trojanoska and she died Dec.18, 1883 in St.Louis, Mo. found in the St Louis (city) death register.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 1:22AM GMT
"Morbus" is Latin for "disease," so "Morbus Brightii" was Bright's disease, a kidney ailment:

http://www.whonamedit.com/doctor.cfm/1984.html
... "Within few years after the description of "his" disease, Bright's name was known everywhere. The complex of symptoms of edema with albuminuria and affections of the kidneys soon was known as Morbus Brightii, even though other names had been suggested. A large number of articles and books tell of the intensity of the research." ...

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 3:34AM GMT
Thank you!!

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 1:41AM GMT
Brights' disease was the diagnoses of my mother in law's sister who died at 22 years old. I've often wondered what this was.

Thanks for the information
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions