Search for content in message boards

Death place and registration miles apart!

Death place and registration miles apart!

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2012 12:33PM GMT
I have found a close ish relative who died in kent england but it was registered in Wales...it has confused me a little as there is no link, other than that, to wales at all anywhere...what could this mean?

Re: Death place and registration miles apart!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 5:21AM GMT
It would help greatly if you gave people the persons name and age date of birth reference you found etc Otherwise you may have just picked up the wrong person I looked for a Mary Barnes once I found 155 all in the same year!!!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 9:03AM GMT
The death has to be registered at the Registry Office covering the area where the death was certified. In some very rare instances the event may be DECLARED at a different RO; but I am sure that is not what has occured here.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 10:45AM GMT
Thank you
I should stop doing the family tree till the early hours of the morning! it is my fault, it was not the death registered in Wales just the probate but even still is that normal? 100% sure it's the same person as names etc all match

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 12:17PM GMT
Hi,
Your questions could be answered by others looking at your problem why NOT give the name??

Regards

Sandra

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 1:23PM GMT
Probates in and around the period of WW1 were often in Wales. This may have had something to do with the high workload of 1M extra deaths.

Rob

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 2:55PM GMT
Not WW1 - WW2. The Principal Probate Registry, which had been housed at Somerset House, was moved to Llandudno in 1940 to make room for other Government departments. It returned in 1946. So probates for Londoners were registered in Llandudno during that time.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 3:18PM GMT
thats the answer then! Thank you very much indeed =o)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic