Search for content in message boards

Potter's and indians

Potter's and indians

Posted: 15 Feb 2000 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 8:00PM GMT
I'm looking for a indian squaw that married a Potter.
She only had 1 arm {actually no arm from the
elbow down. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
The indian squaw would have been born abt. 1800.
Thanks again.

Kim

indian/potter

tim potter (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 8:44PM GMT
Hi, my name is Tim Potter, living in Ohio, born in okla. My aunt told me that one of our relatives did marry an indian squaw years ago...this might be what your are looking for....I will talk to her shortly....

TIM POTTER OKLAHOMA INDIANS

MICHELLE LATHROP POTTER (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 7:29AM GMT
HI TIM. ARE WE RELATED? MY DAD, DARRELL(DOC)POTTER WAS BORN AND RAISED IN OK. SOME OF HIS SIBLINGS ARE TED, LARRY, MIKE SHIRLEY, MARY. THERE WERE 11 SIBLINGS ALL TOGETHER. MY NAME IS SHELLY(MICHELLE JEAN) POTTER LATHROP. I USED TO LIVE IN MARYLAND, BUT I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA NOW. LET ME KNOW SOMETHING. THANKS!!! SHELLY

KIM (POTTERS)

MICHELLE LATHROP POTTER (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 7:36AM GMT
KIM MY NAME IS MICHELLE JEAN POTTER LATHROP AKA SHELLY. MY DAD DARRELL EDWARD POTTER AKA DOC WAS BORN AND RAISED IN OKLAHOMA. HE IS ONE OF 11 SIBLINGS. I UNDERSTAND THERE IS A SUBSTANCIAL INDIAN HERITAGE THROUGHOUT THE POTTER LINE BUT I KNOW VERY LITTLE. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT WE ARE RELATED? MY E MAIL IS SHELLYLATHROP@HOTMAIL.COM IN NORTH CAROLINA. I APPRECIATE ANY INFO YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO PASS ALONG TO ME. SHELLY

Native American Relatives

Posted: 1 Jun 2000 10:06PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2001 3:13AM GMT
Hello,
I am trying to trace a story told to me by several of my relatives on my Grandmother's side. Her name was Minnie Potter of Fairfield, IL. Although she denied it, there is a rumor that one of our relatives was Cherokee. I also have a picture of a very Native American looking woman, but no name. My Grandmother married Johnathan Abram Tice of Illinois. Anyone know any more about this. Thanks. Elaine (Tice) Suhre

Potter Indians

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 8:21AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 9:06AM GMT
I too have an Indian story in my family. As the story goes...My great great great grandfather, Ezra Potter, was a Church of England missionary who emigrated to CT before 1800. He married the daughter of a Cherokee Indian Chief and had three sons Jacob (born 1805), Richard Charles.

My great great grandfather, Jacob Potter, married three times. His wives were Jane Booth, Jane Reeves Wood, and Ruth Jane Little Pollok. He had children by the last two wives. His children by Jane Reeves Wood were David, Joel (my great grandfather), Margaret and Malvenie. His children by Ruth Jane Little Pollok were Mathilda, Mary, Andrew and James.

Does any of this fit?

Re: Native American Relatives

Posted: 13 Jul 2006 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
in fact i do,my potters use to travel to ill. to see family hasten was half Cherokee in MO ,we know they came over on the trail of tears

Louise Williams (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2006 4:52PM GMT
A cousin in Ca. knows I am trying to trace my gggrandmother who married Sylvester Arden Potter. Sylvester is hard to find. He was born in N.Y., moved to Hillsdale and Reading Mi., area as a lad, approx. 8 Yr old, I believe. In the Hillsdale cencus of 1860 he was in Hillsdale, Mi. cencus in his fathers home, Arden Taber Potter and Persis. My ggrandmother, his daughter, Eliza Ann Potter, was born near Caledonia, Il., Pulaski County, Il in 1861. He would have only been about 15 when he became a father if the 1860 cencus was right. I can't find any record of him in Il., and I do not know who Eliza's mother was. The only other time I can find him is in a cencus in Pulaski County, Arkansas, Youngs, Ark. in 1880. At that time it lists Eliza, his wife then Caroline, and three other sibblings, Willett, Lura, and Ansen. The last three children were born in Ark. Can't find any record of them or any of the family afterwards until Eliza shows up back in Il. and has a son in Pulaski County named William Potter. The cencus' say his father was from Ark. ( by his looks he was likely at least part Indian) When William was about two years old Eliza married Fairfax F. Wright in Pulaski County, Il. They had eight children, one of them being my grandmother Flora Wright. Sylvester Potters Father and his ancestors go back to England in the New Port Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, England area for five generations if Robert Potter is his line instead of
George Potter.
My ggrandmother was supposed to be Indian, She did not look it, but I think if she is half , andher mother was maybe full. My grandmother flora had black hair, dark skin, and I do not have black hair, but dark hair, and olive skin, same shape face, etc. as my grandmother. I am searching for who my gggrandmother was. Due to the flood of 1937 a lot of records in Pulaski County, Il. were destroyed. I have located relatives in many states and I think many of the Potters are related to mine and have found the link in many cases. Most do not trace back far enough to know if they came from England or not. We had relatives come to Chicago for instance. I don't know if we are related or not, but I would be glad to share information and maybe we can find out. sincerely, Louise Williams

Vicki (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2006 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: POTTER
Hi Louise,
I am a POTTER, descendant. ggmother Eva Elizabeth. This is all I have, I wished I could help. Please feel free to email if I can be of assistance. Best wishes, Vic

Louise Williams (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2006 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Potter
Dear Vicki, Do you know where your ggmother Eva Elizabeth lived, when she was born. Then who was your grandmother. Do you have any information in what state they lived in? I will look back in the folders I have compiled of names that I am not familiar with as my relatives, but are Potters that have given me their genealogy and see if I find an Eva. I haven't been on the message board for about two years as we moved, and had a virus and cleaned everything out before that. So I am not currant on what is available now. Louise Williams
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions