Search for content in message boards

Sturgell Reunion

Sturgell Reunion

Eric Sturgell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Sturgell
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let people know there is a Sturgell Reunion in Mingo County, West Virginia. It will be the 2nd Sunday in September in a place outside Lenore, West Virginia. If anyone wants more info e-mail me.

Eric Sturgell

Re: Sturgell Reunion

Posted: 26 Aug 2001 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2002 12:08AM GMT
Eric,
I just attended a Sturgill family reunion in Mingo County, WV which is held every year on the second Sunday in July. Is this a different one?

Eric Sturgell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2001 7:38PM GMT
yes it is a different reunion. i recently heard about the july reunion and missed it. i may get to it next year. the one i just attended was up the road from the one you mentioned . i'm not sure why there are 2 reunions. i would like to hear more from you. eric

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 12:21AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2002 12:08AM GMT
Eric,
I wasn't aware that there are two different reunions. What branch of the Sturgill family tree are you from? My Great Grandmother was Catherine Elizabeth and she was the daughter of Lewis Blackburn Sturgill and Lucinda Ann Clay. My grandmother was Jessie Buzzard McClung. Look at your family tree and she where we connect.
Anita

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 12:38PM GMT
JUST WONDERINF IF WERE RELATED?

Posted: 9 Dec 2007 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: Meade, Rose, Brewer, Dempsey, Sheppard, Sturgill, Clay, Hayes, Lambert
I know this post is years old, but I was wondering if the 2008 reunion is happening next year and if so, has a date been set?

My husband's grandmother was born in Mingo County, though she moved to Ohio. Her family still lives there though.

Here's a little roll call of my husband's line:

Blackburn and Lucinda Clay Sturgill
Priscilla Sturgill and John Henry "Henry" Meade
Andrew Jackson Meade and Minnie Dempsey
Della Meade and Frederick Pierce Sheppard
Mildred Sheppard and Robert Martin Rose (his grandparents)

Happy Holidays!
Jodie

Posted: 29 May 2009 9:41PM GMT
Hi there! Was wondering if your Sturgell(gill) bloodline ran up towards Washington Oregon areas? If so, maybe we're related? My name is Kimberly, Sisters lana, tami, & our last name use to be with an GILL but my Dad changed it for some odd reason to GELL...? Thnx~ Kim~ :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic