Search for content in message boards

DE COSTA, Frederick

DE COSTA, Frederick

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 1:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: De Costa
Looking for more information on Frederick M. Decosta's parents. Fred was born on 22 Feb 1860 in Maine and d. 26 Nov 1921 in St. Louis, Missouri. He was married to Catherine Fay and they had three children, Frederick, George and John. I believe his mother's name was Amanda Rippey, but that's all I have.

I have the 1900 Census and have all the kids info. if anyone needs it.

Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank You!

Re: DE COSTA, Frederick

Posted: 25 Aug 2008 12:01PM GMT
Name: Amanda Decoster
Home in 1880: Turner, Androscoggin, Maine
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1836
Birthplace: Maine
Relation to Head of Household: Wife
Spouse's Name: Elijah
Father's birthplace: Maine
Mother's birthplace: Maine
Neighbors: View others on page
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Cannot read/write:

Blind:

Deaf and dumb:

Otherwise disabled:

Idiotic or insane: Subscribe now to see this information.
Household Members: Name Age
Elijah Decoster 54
Amanda Decoster 44
George E. Decoster 24
Emma Decoster 23
Florence Decoster 17
Ellery L. Decoster 13

Would this be his parents? Elijah Decoster (Decosta) and Amanda? I am not related to this family.

Posted: 2 May 2013 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: decosta
I am still looking for information about Frederick M. DeCosta/DeCoster born in Maine on 22 Feb 1860. I am a grandson of Frederick and Catherine (Katie) Fay of queens new york, I am try to find out when they were married and where. Frederick came from Maine, Katie came from new york. They moved to St. Louis MO in June,1890. They had a son Fred E. DeCosta in september, 1890 in St. Louis. They were members of the Second Presbyterian Church (1910) church in st louis. This booklet includes a membership list and a list of pew holders of the Second Presbyterian Church, located at Taylor Avenue and Westminster Place, St. Louis, Mo. Entries in these two lists include church members' names and addresses. The booklet also includes lists of church officers and society members.
I believe that my grandmother katie at some time left and went back to queens, new york to visit. They had a total of seven children, all in st louis. Fred E. died in 1911, the next two died within 2 or 3 months of birth, the fourth one lived a little over a year and then there was Ralph, George, and my father John Tee. Please stop by my tree
DeCosta Family St Louis and
DeCosta Tree Missouri They should be public trees. If you need help message me please.
Thank you Bill DeCosta

Posted: 2 May 2013 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: decosta
I am still looking for information about Frederick M. DeCosta/DeCoster born in Maine on 22 Feb 1860. I am a grandson of Frederick and Catherine (Katie) Fay of queens new york, I am try to find out when they were married and where. Frederick came from Maine, Katie came from new york. They moved to St. Louis MO in June,1890. They had a son Fred E. DeCosta in september, 1890 in St. Louis. They were members of the Second Presbyterian Church (1910) church in st louis. This booklet includes a membership list and a list of pew holders of the Second Presbyterian Church, located at Taylor Avenue and Westminster Place, St. Louis, Mo. Entries in these two lists include church members' names and addresses. The booklet also includes lists of church officers and society members.
I believe that my grandmother katie at some time left and went back to queens, new york to visit. They had a total of seven children, all in st louis. Fred E. died in 1911, the next two died within 2 or 3 months of birth, the fourth one lived a little over a year and then there was Ralph, George, and my father John Tee. Please stop by my tree
DeCosta Family St Louis and
DeCosta Tree Missouri They should be public trees. If you need help message me please.
Thank you Bill DeCosta

Posted: 3 May 2013 7:16AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: DECOSTER, CHANDLER, RIPLEY
Name: Freddie W Decoster
Birth Date: 23 Feb 1860
Birth Place: Turner
Registration Place: Turner, Androscoggin
Father: Elijah Decoster OF TURNER
Mother: Amanda S (NO SURNAME)OF TURNER

Name: Elijah J Decoster
Age in 1870: 47
Birth Year: abt 1823
Home in 1870: Turner, Androscoggin, Maine
Post Office: Turner
+
Name: Amanda S Decoster
Age in 1870: 35
Birth Year: abt 1835
+
Emma F Decoster 14
Henry H Decoster 12
+
Name: Frederic W Decoster
Age in 1870: 10
Birth Year: abt 1860
+
Florence M Decoster 8
Elery E Decoster 3

Name: Amanda S De Coster
Birth Date: abt 1836
Death Date: 22 Mar 1914
OF HEART PROBLEMS
Death Place: Turner
Spouse: Elijah
Father: Ransom RIPLEY BORN OXFORD, ME
Mother: Susan LANE (BORN TURNER

MASSACHUSETTS
Name: Amanda S Ripley OF BIDDIFORD, ME
Birth Date: abt 1835
Event Type: Marriage
Event City: Stoughton
Marriage Date: 2 Dec 1852
Marriage Age: 17
Father Name: Random Ripley
Spouse Name: Elijah J Decoster OF RANDOLPH
Spouse Marriage Age: 27
Spouse Father Name: Chandler
(ATTACHED)

Name: Elizab J Decoster
[Elijah J Decoster]
Birth Date: abt 1825
Death Date: 8 Sep 1889
Death Place: Turner

CIVIL WAR
Name: Elijah J Decoster
Residence: Turner, Maine
Class: 2
Congressional District: 2nd
Age on 1 July 1863: 37
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1826
Place of Birth: Maine
Attachments:

Posted: 3 May 2013 12:42PM GMT
Bill, the 1906 Town Register for Paris, Maine (p101) lists Fred H. Decoster as a farmer living in South Paris. Looks like a son Frank E. living in Norway (nextdoor town) with occupation Shoe Shop Operative (there was a shoe manufacturer in Norway) and Deputy Sherriff, and I think Fred's wife Lizzie S.

"Paris, Maine - The Second Hundred Years 1893-1993" shows VRs for 5 DeCostas and 23 Decosters. Among the latter is Frederick H. DeCoster who died January 24, 1934 in Norway, age 82 years, 5 days. Born Greenwood. (I make his birthday January 19, 1852.)

So, not your guy, but maybe a cousin? Worth some time to poke around other Oxford County, Maine town VRs or Genweb forums?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions