Search for content in message boards

James Lewis Lee Family

James Lewis Lee Family

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Oct 2011 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Lee
I'm looking for any information on the parents of James Lewis Lee born November 1880. He was from Texas. I also know that he lived in Hunt County, Cook County & Lubbock County. He was married to Daisy Sumner. They had 4 children. Olen, Nadean, Irene & James Allen (also called J D)

James Lewis Lee died in Lubbock TX on November November 26, 1932. His wife Daisy died in 1939. After her death their youngest children Irene & James went to live with her brother Charles Sumner.

Any help on this family would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Re: James Lewis Lee Family

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 8:31PM GMT
Read your posting and quickly decided "this lady does not need help"! "She communicates exceptionally well and probably is simply looking for confirmation of her research?" Then I reviewed your tree!(lol) Start making some teacakes, I'm gonna need sustenance! Let's search for other living descendants? Perhaps they can add to what you already know? James' brother, Marion T., relocated to Oklahoma. Find him in 1910 Grayson-Precinct 5-District 0100-Image 42 residing with brother-in-law, Jesse Lewis(20) of Arkansas. Lookup WWI Draft Registration: Marion Tolver Lee born 28 Apr 1886 and married to Nora. Next, view 1920 OK-McClain-Goldsby-District 77 Image 8 to find: Marion T. Lee(33), Nora(32), Frank(10), Essie(7), and Laura(2 6/12). Nora brother, Jesse's family, also found same county. Guessing something tragic happened to Marion and Nora? In 1930 TX-Yoakum-Precinct 4-District 4-Image 9, find Frank Lee(20) head-of-household with sisters: Essie(17) and Laura(12). Frank's wife Rubie/Ruthie(22) and kids: Mary(2) and Lewis(1) were also part of the home. Before I stray too far, Nora (nee: Lewis) Lee's parents were James Lewis and Tilda Bell Dover of Arkansas. That info extracted from her borther's, Jesse James Lewis (9 Jan 1888 - 24 May 1946) death certificate.

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 8:48PM GMT
Essie Lee (29 Dec 1912 - 2 May 1998) married Hugh D. Donaghe (22 Feb 1905 - Jan 1987). They begat: Wanda Lanora (14 Aug 1931), Bettie Louise (10 Dec 1932), and Lois Beatrice 26 Sep 1934). http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8781 will access Texas' Birth Index. Please save as a "Quick Link" for easy reference? Wanda Lanora Donaghe/Farrell Dean Whitfield had Ladeana Kay and Darrell Ray. Ladeana Kay/Gary Alan McCown begat Gwendolyn Ladean. Ladeana Kay/Richard Harold Box begat Kagan Raye. Darrell Ray Whitfield/Karen Kay Thomas begat Kayla D'Ann and Lacey Dawn. Lois Beatrice Donaghe/Bernie Joel Kuhn begat Gary Lynn. Lois Beatrice Donaghe/Roger Duane Wilde begat Hugh Donald. Bettie Louise Donaghe/Leroy Walter Vanwinkle begat Teddy Lee.

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 8:52PM GMT
Laura Mae Lee wed Merle Gerome Rounsavill. Unable to find validation that she was Marion T. Lee's daughter? However, numerous birth records in the panhandle region tend to support accuracy! They had: Alma Mearlene, Ida Juanelda, Robert E., Wanda Lee, and Ima Gene.

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 10:21PM GMT
Thank you for the information. What I'm really wanting to know is who James Lee's parents were. I know they were from Mississippi & Tennessee. We think his dad was also named James. Through census records I think his mom might have been named Sara, but not sure.

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 10:47PM GMT
Death certificate viewable/printable https://familysearch.org/ You'll need to establish a "free" account to access the document. Per Mrs. Nadine Mann, her paternal grandparents were Jim Lee and Sarah Weathers of Mississippi. Don't bother searching for a Mississippi-marriage 'cause Sarah's family arrived in Texas about 1857. After establishing that account on familysearch, lookup Sarah Caroline Lee (12 May 1850 - 13 Jun 1934). The "Wethers" family found 1860 Ellis-Division 4-Image 6. Make note of her brother identified as F. H.(3). He was Fletcher Hatton Weathers found with her in 1930 Cooke-Precinct 3-District 16-Image 10. He died Oklahoma City 8 Sep 1946. He's also found earlier census is Oklahoma.

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 10:52PM GMT
Thank you so much!! I appreciate all of your help.:)

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 11:30PM GMT
Is that "all" you need? There are quite a few blanks on your family tree.

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 6:41PM GMT
I'm trying to find as much as I can. One of the ones I'm looking for besides James Lee & Bert Delcore is on my husbands side of the family. The name on that is Quinton David Stephens. I have a bunch of information I haven't put in the tree yet. He was born in TN in 1825. He married Mary Ann Scroggins in Tallapoosa Alabama in 1847. We was given a Texas Land Grant in Nacadoches TX. But we don't know why he was given this Land Grant. I have a copy of this.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens Scroggins
I am looking for any info on Quinton David Stephens and Mary Ann Scroggins.
I have some info back for Mary Ann Scroggins that I will be glad to share if you don't have. I don't know what happened to her.

I have no info on Quinton David Stephens regarding his parents, etc. or what happened to him.

Thank you,
Brad Stephens
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions