Search for content in message boards

Appalachian Hall Psychiatric Hospital, Asheville

Appalachian Hall Psychiatric Hospital, Asheville

Posted: 10 May 2005 7:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2005 7:47AM GMT
I am looking for information on Appalachian Hall Psychiatric Hospital. I have information that my great-aunt may have been a nurse there during and immediately after WWI. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Re: Appalachian Hall Psychiatric Hospital, Asheville

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 4:27AM GMT
The old hospital was renovated, and is now an apartment building. I live there and am very interested in any information regarding those that worked or were patients here. It is now called the Historic Kenilworth Inn Apartments, if that is any help.

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 9:25PM GMT
I have general knowledge of the facility, since I was employed there from 1979-91, in various positions. If interested, I can supply info. Can be reached at apharmd@aol.com.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 12:56AM GMT
I was a patient there... do you still live there?

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 5:16AM GMT
I worked there i969 and early 1970. My mother did private duty nursing there before and after me. they had rooms on the top floor that employees could rent and I had the largest with two beds so Mother could stay over in bad weather. Although I was an activity aide I also assisted with ECT-that is something hard to watch at 18. I would do private duty nursing with alcoholics-mental breakdowns -kids who sniffed glue to those known as senile. I left there to enlist in the Marines after my position was cut.A few years ago I DROVE UP and went in when they were changing to housing-that was on my bucket list i guess since it held a lot of memories

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 12:04PM GMT
My brother J Laster, sister Donna Laster and, and cousin, Linda Garren worked ther in the 60's..We are gathering information for an upcoming book. Thanks patti

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 3:24PM GMT
MY uncle, Carl Jackson Eller, was a nurse there in the 1940's.

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 2:35PM GMT
My daughter was a patient there in the late 80s..Is there any way to locate her records now?

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 4:48AM GMT
I was a patient there in the late 80's. It was such a beautiful building in such a serene setting.

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 4:49AM GMT
I was a patient there in the late 80's. What would they have done with the records of the patients when it was closed as a mental hospital?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions