Search for content in message boards

Any Info on Hughes Family

Any Info on Hughes Family

Posted: 9 Jul 2001 2:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughes
I am looking for any info on the Hughes family.

I am interested in ANYTHING that relates to the HUGHES family.

Could you please reply to this, by giving details of what you have. No matter how big or small

Re: Any Info on Hughes Family

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 4:41PM GMT
Hi,
I have Hughes on my family tree.
The family is John Hughes Born: Bet. 1804-1831 in Mankery Ireland. Married: Bet. 1835-1852, to Bridget Mohan , Born: 1821 Mankery Ireland. John died 1854 in Canada.
His wife Bridget had a daughter the night that John died. Their daughter's name was Mary Hughes. Mary was born August 7, 1854 in Canada.
Married James McDaniel in 1870 in Wrightstown, Wi.
Mary died June 11, 1928 Outagamie Co., Kaukauna, Wi.

Maureen Baeten

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Hughes
my husband is a Hughes, is father was John Franklin Hughes b. 1905 d. 1999 m. Myrtle Irene Hensley b. 1908 d. 1995 in Bradley Co. TN

John's parents were: Rufus Albert Hughes b. 1881 d. 1965 m. Miranda Elizabeth Roper in Bradley Co. TN

Rufus' parents were: Ben Hughes b. 1849 d. 1892 m. Mattie Russel in Georgia

that's all i have...

Posted: 17 Jul 2001 12:46AM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2002 3:38PM GMT
Surnames: HUGHES
There is alot of Hughes's in my family. The furtherest one back is John Hughes. Don't have his birth yet but he was married to Mary Jeans. They settled in Virginia sometime in the late 1700's. The story goes that he came here with two brothers from Wales. They had 7 children children, one of them being John,, he married Elizabeth Proffitt. They had a son also named John and he married Susan Sauls. They had a son named Wirt and he was my grandfather. I have names of the other children but I wasn't sure how much interest you have in them. Please let me know in there is any interest.

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 8:56PM GMT
One side of my family is the Hughes family from Philadelphia. email me if this is the region you're interested in. Most of the Hugheses in my family stayed in Penna. One uncle lived in Fla.

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 1:39AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2002 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: hughes
Do you have a Richard "Emry or Emory" Hughes born ca 1789?
Glenda

Posted: 27 Jul 2001 12:13AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2001 11:10PM GMT
Penny, I am looking for a Penny Hughes who lived in Connecticut. Her fathers name was James Raymond Hughes and he was the son of William B. Hughes and Elizabeth Penman Hughes. All were from Pennsylvania. Does any of this ring a bell?

Posted: 28 Jul 2001 5:09PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2002 8:49PM GMT
One of my wife's great, great grandmothers was an Elizabeth Hughes born in Upton-on-Severn, Worcs. about 1826/27. She married a William Lawrence.

Posted: 28 Jul 2001 7:02PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2001 10:50PM GMT
Hi
Have a Kate and James Hughes who were married in Holytown, Scotland around 1894. They had seven children as far as I can tell. One son, Daniel and six girls: Anne, Elizabeth, Catherine, Bridget, Helen and Maggie.

Maggie was a Sister who passed away in Merion, PA in 1965. As far as I know, Daniel never came to the states. Maggie's sisters were married and came to the states. I don't know if they ever went back to Scotland or not or if they lived in the PA area.

Hope this matches to someone out there.

Sharon

Robert & Noble Hughes...Co., Tyrone, Ireland..1889..PA.--- WI.

Jackie Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: HUGHES
My gr..grandparents lived in Co., Tyrone, Ireland "William HUGHES and Mary Ann (Noble) HUGHES.They had eleven or twelve ch:
Robert HUGHES b:12/08/1868..Co., Tyrone, Ireland.m:Mary (Hutchcroft) 11/06/1905, Minerial Point, WI, d:02/02/1941..Arthur, Grant Co., WI ..
Annie HUGHES
Noble HUGHES b: 05/10/1872. m: Mary J. (Webb) 02/19/1901 Belfast, Ireland...
William HUGHES, Maggie HUGHES, Martha HUGHES, Catherine HUGHES, Christina HUGHES, Sarah HUGHES, and two ch: that died as infancy.
Robert HUGHES came to American abt.1887; went to Philadelphia, and worked;Three of his sisters were living there; Then he moved to WI. His brother Noble HUGHES, came to America in 1891,he went back to Ireland and m: Mary J. (Webb).and they moved to IL.
Catherine HUGHES m:Sam McNaughton,
Annie HUGHES m: Raymond Burke,
Sarah HUGHES m: ? Gass.
I can not find the Port that my grandfather ...Robert HUGHES came into nor the Ship he sailed on. I think he left Belfast, Ireland abt. 1887.
Any information on this family would be appreciated.
Contact me at.
jdp905@home.com
Jackie Hughes
per page

Find a board about a specific topic