Search for content in message boards

BAKER, BESSEY, WELLINGTON, SEYMOUR

BAKER, BESSEY, WELLINGTON, SEYMOUR

Posted: 2 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Aug 2004 6:14PM GMT

So far, no response which is not surprising considering a long history of total ambiguity about Rachel Baker following the reports of her religious somnombulism. I have come up with a news clipping, ca. 1930, that was written by a grandson of Luke Wellington and he says that Luke married Miss Baker. She certainly is a closet skeleton for some reason but we are determined to find out if she was, indeed, our gg grandmother. Thanks for any help at all. By the way, I have tons on the Marcellus Baker lines if others need it plus the Besseys, Wellingtons, Seymours, and others.Seymours, and others.

Re: BAKER, BESSEY, WELLINGTON, SEYMOUR

Posted: 15 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Dunham Bessey was my ggggrandfather. He owned some land in Fabius but resided in Marcellus Falls, Onondaga Co., NY. I belkieve he was born in Cambridge, Washington Co., NY, son of Ebenezer.

Posted: 15 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 12:42AM GMT

Do you have any identification for a Dunham Bessey at Fabius in the 1810 Census 10100 00100 pg. 36 -- where he came from or the source of his Given Name? Would really like to know.

With appreciation for your time and attention

Herman Stephan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hello, My wifes grt grt grt grandmother is Sara Wellington (Snyder) Married to John Jackson Snyder. Would like to hear from you in regards. Thanks in advance.

herman stephan

Arizona

BESSEY, BESSY

Diane White (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am also researching the Bessy families. My gg grandfather was Warren Bessey, my g grandfather was Wellington Bessy. They both are listed in the 1850 Onondaga Census for the Town of Marcellus. Is there a connection between the Wellington's and the Bessey's. I have always wondered if my g grandfather's first name was a surname. I am willing to share my information with you and would be interested in hearing what information you have on the Bessey's.

Jonathan BAKER

Sara Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BAKER
I am a direct descendant of Jonathan BAKER,b. Jan. 1763, died Feb. 4, 1850. He is buried at Jackson Cemetery, Navarino, Onondaga County, N.Y. I will be happy to exchange information with any interested researchers.

Aaron Baker

Posted: 21 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Church, Stevens
I wish I knew if this was the right family, I have been looking for the parents of Aaron for about 20 years, I know that in 1812 Aaron is married to Candace, and they have a son Ira born in VT, all in all they had 17 children. In abt 1820-5 they went to Canada, and then abt in the mid 1830 they left and came to Mi.
In a letter from his grandson he says that his great grandfather was Isaac Baker.
I don't know if my Aaron belongs to this line but some of the grandchildren named their children Lewis.
Rose Marie
Surnames: Baker
Are you saying that Aaron or Jonathan was born about 1794? A Jonathan Baker was b. Apr. 20, 1795 to John andHannah (Smith) Baker in Pelham, MA and later moved to Marcellus, Onondaga Co., NY. John and bros. James, Lewis, Ezekiel,Nathaniel,Isaac,Samuel, and Benjamin were all sons of Isaac Baker and Rebecca Lewis. Aaron is not in either of these trees (incl. Pompey) and I have no reference on any Aaron Baker. How about Anson? TTYL, Jon

Jonathan Baker

Edited: 9 Jul 2001 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Stevens
Is there a Aaron or Isaac Baker in your families of Bakers, I am looking for a Aaron Baker, whos we think his father might be Isaac, Aaron was born about 1784.
married Candace Church.
Rose Marie Anderson

Jonathan Baker

Surnames: Baker, Wellington
I have a complete lineage for the Baker and Wellington families of Marcellus, Onondaga Co.,NY Know that the Baker family of Pompey, Onondaga Co.,NY is not related to the Marcellus line. I have the Pompey Baker lineage also. Happy to share information. Jon Nicholson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions