Search for content in message boards

Look-up please Warren Cushman

Look-up please Warren Cushman

Gina L (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2002 7:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was wanting a cencus for 1860 - 1865 for Warren and Lucinda Cushman they lived is Fennimore Co.
Thanks Gina

Warren Cushman

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 2:42AM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2006 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Cushman
Gina,

Warren doesn't seem to be in 1860 Grant Co. There is a census record of a Warren Cushman in 1860 Mifflin, Iowa Co., WI, Pg. 779.

He does appear in 1870 Grant Co.

1870 Census, Fennimore, Grant, WI, Pg. 130, Household 224:

Warren Cushman, 38, Farmer, $1800, $775, PA
Lucinda, 35, Keeps House, PA
Chester, 11, At School, WI
Ella, 9, At School, WI
Myrta, 3/13, WI (born in March 1870)
Hester McClenehan, 55, At Home, PA
William Russell, 22, Laborer, WI
Carrie, 21, Keeps House, WI

Is Hester the mother of Lucinda?

Is your Warren Cushman the son of Barnabas and Polly (Cory) Cushman? There is a lengthy biography of a Harvey Cushman, born in Waterford, Erie, PA on 29 Oct 1839 in the 1901 Commemorative Biographical Record of the Counties of Rock, Green, Grant, Iowa and Lafayette WI. This Harvey had a brother named Warren who was in Kansas in 1901.

If this matches up, let me know and I can sent you a transcript of the bio.

There was a Warren Cushman in 1880 Mifflin, Iowa, WI, but his age and wife doesn't seem to match. Here seems to be yours:

1880 Census, Lincoln, Smith, KS, Pg. 448

Warren Cushman, 49, Farmer, NY, VT, VT
Lucinda, 46, Keeping House, PA, PA, PA
Ella, 17, WI, NY, PA
Murty V., 10, WI, NY, PA

On the same page is:

Chester Cushman, 21, Farmer, WI, NY, PA

Hope this helps.

Dave Taft
Arlington, TX

Re: Warren Cushman

Gina L (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 2:52AM GMT
Thanks
My father in-law was looking for this (I havent gotten to his side yet) but will run it across him and get back to you!!
Hope to talk to you soon.
Gina

Re: Warren Cushman

Gina L (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2002 5:56PM GMT
Hi Dave,
My father-in-law said thats his Warren and we would love a copy of the bio.
Thanks alot!!
E-mail me at crafty90@hotmail.com and I will send you my address.
Hope to hear from you soon!!

Warren Cushman Iowa Co., WI Connection

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 2:21PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2006 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Cushman, McLenahan, McClenehan
Gina,

Warren and family were in Iowa Co. before heading to Fennimore. Still can't find a mariage record for him, but suspect it took place in Iowa Co.

1860 Census, Mifflin, Iowa, WI, Pg. 779, 28 Jun 1860:

Household 330

Barnabas Cushman, 72, Farmer, $2000, $500, VT (Insane)
Polly Cora, 62, VT
Silas, 23, PA
Harvey, 20, PA

(Insane was the way they said someone was senile back then)

Household 331

Horace Strader, 23, Laborer, $--, $50, PA
Martha Strader, 18, PA
Norman, 1, WI
Warren Cushman, 28, $--, $200, NY
Lucinda, 22, PA
Chester, 2, WI

Household 332

Dan McLenahan, 61, Farmer, $--, $400, PA
Esther, 46, PA
Harrison, 23, PA
Ransom, 15, PA
Caroline, 11, PA

Here is that Esther/Hester McLenahan who was living with Warren in 1870 Fennimore. My best guess is that she if probably Lucinda Cushman's mother. Caroline may be the Carrie (Russell?) living with Warren in 1870.

Enjoy,

Dave Taft
Arlington, TX

Re: Warren Cushman Iowa Co., WI Connection

Dixie Cushman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2002 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: Cushman
I'm tracing the Cushman Family. I'm trying to find more information on Cephas Cushman, son of Barnabas Cushman and Poly Cory. I think he lived in Mifflin or Rewey, Iowa Co. in the 1860's. Any information on him would be of great help.

Stacy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 5:57PM GMT
I would also like information on them. I am also a decedent of Barnabas and Poly Cory, then Cephas and Roxie, and from them George Cushman and Josephine Harris. My Great Great Grandma is Alta Cushman, Josephine and George's daughter. My grandma is from Friendship, WI. If you have anymore information on how they traveled from the East to the midwest I would really appreciate it.

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 4:06PM GMT
I'm sorry I don't have any information on that. My husband is decedent of Cephas and Roxie's son William.

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 4:10PM GMT
I don't have any information on how or when they moved to WI.
My husband is decedent of Cephas and Roxie's son William.

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cushman, Finke, Frazee, Hughes, Matthews, Jones, Mabie
The 20th reunion and picnic of the Cushman family was held on Father's Day, June 15th, in the beautiful park located at Wisconsin's first capitol near Belmont and Platteville. This capitol building was erected in 1836 when Wisconsin was a territory and it was in this building that the law makers first met to shape the destinies of what was to be a great state, 12 years later.

A large number of the family were present to enjoy a bounteous picnic lunch at noon.

Mrs. Frank Frazee of Rockford, Ill., read the minutes of the last reunion held on Father's Day, June 16, 1946 and Mrs. Frazee also gave a history of the reunions held for many years back.

It was during the lifetime of Mrs. Frazee's grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Cephas Cushman of Rewey that a reunion of this large family was held each year on Christmas Day in their spacious home in Rewey and this custom was continued until their demise in 1913 and 1918.

The followed many years of inactivity but in August 1928 when a large number of the family came to Evansville to attend the funeral of Mrs. Frank Cushman, it was decided to again hold the reunions, so a time was set one week later and thef irst meeting was held in Mineral Point city park and from then on a reunion and picnic has been held in various parks in southern Wisconsin, first in August and later on Father's Day in June was chosen each year.

These meetings are greatly enjoyed by all who attend and there are many who have perfect attendance records.

Those who journeyed from a distance to attend were Mr. and Mrs. C. B. Cushman, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Owen Hughes, Madison, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Finke, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Frazee, Rockford, Ill; Miss Marjory Ann Frazee, rockford, Ill; Mr. and Mrs. Roy Matthews, Dubuque, Ia; Mr. and Mrs. Burr Jones, Evansville, Wis.; Mrs. George Mabie, Evansville, Wis; Mr. and Mrs. Sherman Cushman, Milton Jct., Wis.; Mr. and Mres Harvey Cushman, Lancaster, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Chushman and children, Potosi, Wis; Mr. and Mrs. Graydon Cushman, Potosi, Wis.; and Mrs. Jessie Cushman, Rewey, Wis.

The oldest member present was Mrs. Jessie Cushman of Rewey who is 82 years old. Mrs. Cushman is the mother of Mrs. Owen Hughes and Mrs. Clarence Finke.

The family reunion will be held in the same place next year on Father's Day in June.

July 3, 1947, Evansville Review, p. 8, col. 2, Evansville, Wisconsin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic