Search for content in message boards

Boehm family tree

Boehm family tree

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 1:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boehm/Bohm/Boehme
I'm looking for info on my GG Grandfather Frederich Johann Boehm. He was born in or came froJertsburg/Gertsburg/Jesber Germany, son of Heinrich and Eva Sohiek on 7/16/1857. He came with his parents in 1866 to Polnitz(Poltnitz. He immigrated in 1880-82 to NJ(?)moved to IL where he married Christine Klemm in 1887, then moved to Des Moine IO where he died on 9/14/1937. I'm told he was a horse trader that brought horses from Europe to the USA. My father's relatives still live in the Bufflo Center, IO area. I'd appreciate any help in locating his immigration info; place of departure,ship,date, etc.

Re: Boehm family tree

Posted: 14 Jan 2011 3:35AM GMT
Not a relative, just trying to help.

The Hamburg Passenger list has Friedr. Bohm(with the umlaut over the O) leaving Germany on the "Gellert" from Hamburg and Le Havre to New York on the 22 February 1882. It says he was from Pollnitz.

The New York Passenger list has him listed under "Trude" Bohm arriving the 8 Mar 1882 on the Gellert. If you look at the manifest it does read "Freidr" but whoever indexed it didn't read it too well.

Hope this helps,
Andrea

Re: Boehm family tree

Posted: 25 Jan 2011 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Boehm
THANKX soooo much for this find!! My father and I have been searching for years for some more info on Fred, but to no availe. Thankx again, Brenda Hop
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions