Search for content in message boards

John Bratcher and Jane Canada Bratcher

Posted: 11 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Aug 2002 5:18PM GMT
Surnames: Bratcher, Bradshaw
John Bratcher, b. 1740 and married Jane Canada and died in Campbell CO. TN, seems to be incorrect. If there is someone who has this info, please back it up with a source. 1724 or 1726 are dates consistently given for him with a death date of 1777. Several trees and sources list his wife, Jane, but there is no way the date works when several of his children are reported to be born in the 1790's. It seems like Bradshaw is used as the surname for him and a generation or 2 after. The most believeable source is in Familysearch.com under William Bradshaw. Look at the site number 77 and click on Robert de Bradshaw. This is well documented and lists John with Jane but the tree loses him.

John Bratcher (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Bratcher
There is a 3/13 response to John Bratcher of Bedford, VA on the Bratcher Genealogy forum which is a link from the Bratcher Family history site. There is information that states that Jane Canada came from Grayson CO., KY. If there is someone who can confirm or dispute this, then please do. I know many of us are still stumped with John and Jane. There are some other statements presented by Pat Napier that are new to me.

Jane Canada

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2002 10:59PM GMT
I did a little research on the history of Kentucky. In 1740
it was mostly unpopulated. Remember that 1740 is 36 years before the American Revolution. In about 1780 three counties were formed in Kentucky, but none of them were named Grayson. My guess is that perhaps she was born in Grayson County Virginia.

Ralph Ekwall

ralphomaha@yahoo.com

Bratcher

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: GOINS, SMITH, JONES, COMBS, DAVIS, PARCE, BRATCHER, CREEKMORE, C
You may be able to find something about them here.http://members.stratos.net/mikeandcindy/cindy.htm Charlene Hart

Bratcher tree

S. McCarty (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am researching information on a JOhn William Bratcher who was b.abt.1771 in S.C. and was Married to a Polly Barnett of S.C. i was wondering if anyone had any more information on the parents of John William Bratcher or if anyone knew of brothers and sisters of John William Bratcher. It would be greatly appreciated Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic