Search for content in message boards

Henry Bullard of Florida

Henry Bullard of Florida

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 4:17PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2002 6:35PM GMT
Looking for info on Henry Bullard of Florida. Is said to have left FL. and gone to KY. after killing his brother-in-law for abusing his sister. We have heard he married a Laura Clevendence(not sure of spelling) in Kentucky in about 1866. After her death he married a Henrietta Hatley in 1890 in IL. Would like to confirm this info and have info as to who his parents were. One of his sons may have been my g-grandfather. His name was Alonzo (Lon)Bullard married to Dora(Jackson) and they lived in East Prairie, MO. Any info appreciated.

Judy

henry Bullard of Florida

Gary L Bullard (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 8:45AM GMT
Henry bullard was my Great great grandfather. I am the grandson of Alonzo Bullard. Alonzo and Lida Madora lived in Charleston Mo and are buried in Sikeston,Mo.. Henry and Laura Clevidence were married in Tennessee and had 4 children. Lon and Lida had 4 children, one of which was my grandfather, Clarence. Henry was buried in Cairo, Il. I have no information about the death of Laura or the marriage that you mentioned. Henry's mother was Fannie Francis born in Va. Henry had a sister named Mary who married Samuel Evans. This information can be found in the LDS PAF computer programs.

Henry Bullard

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 4:45PM GMT
Gary,
I am a gggrandaughter of Henru Bullard, ggrandaughter of Lon Bullard and grandughter of Mattie Bullard Witt. My grandmother and your grandfather were brother and sister. I do know that Lon and Lida are not buried in Sikeston and that they were living in East Prarie, MO. at the time of their deaths.. They are buried in Charleston. I know this for certain because I have been to that cemetary many times. I have pictures of the headstones and my grandparents are buried next to them along with my aunt and an infant uncle. I have info on all of Lon and Lida's children if you are interested. The information that I have on Henry is that he left Florida after being involved in the death of a brother-in-law. He went to Kentucky and married Laura Clevividence in Shepherdsville, Bullit Co. April 24, 1866.. Laura died February 21, 1884. After Laura died, Henry married Henrietta Hartley on March 18, 1890 in Cairo, IL. We would like to find info on Henry before his arriving in Kentucky, but so far, no luck! If you would like you can e-mail me at jcarll01@juno.com.(Make sure you use a zero before the 1 or it will not come thru!) I also have pictures of Lon and Lida and also of their family. Would send copies if you would like.

Henry Bullard

Posted: 14 Sep 2000 7:54AM GMT
Judy,
I'm sure that you are right about the place of Lon and Lida's grave site. It is interesting to me that we are searching for the same information about Henry.
Much of the information that I received came from my distant cousin, Orvil Witt, in Sikeston. He is in posession of Lid's journal. He has told me about it but I haven't been able to obtain a copy yet. My gfather was Clarence Bullard. Myfather, Floyd, told of growing up in Charleston and the hardships that they faced before Clarence moved the family to Collinsville, Ill. His children live in the central Ill area. My sister, Donna Howell, is attempting to arrange a family reunion in the summer of 2001. I will tell her about you and give you more information later. She has just begun researching geneology and last week asked for a copy of what I've found. Yesterday was the first time that I got on the internet in search of family. I'm amazed at the coincidence that I found your message about Henry. I moved from St. Louis,Mo to Salt Lake City 3 months ago. I am going to focus my research efforts on Henry at the Family History library. I'll keep in touch.
I am writing from school between classes so I am working from memory on geaneology information right now. I will get my research folder from my daughter and communicate more accurately. I would love to have any information about the family and pictures. I have a few pictures and some information that I will send to you.
My address is Gary Bullard
1842 E. Cloverdale Rd.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ph. 801-943-6336

Henry Bullard

Posted: 14 Sep 2000 12:50PM GMT
Gary,
Orvel Witt is my Uncle. He is my mom's youngest brother and is only 9 months older than me. We were down to his place in May for his daughter's wedding. I have also been in contact with Harold Bullard. Be sure to let us know about the family reunion. Ir you give me your direct e-mail address I can send you some pictures and also will send them by land-mail. I don't know if you are interested, but I do have some information on the Jackson side (Lida's family). Let me know.

Judy

Henry bullard and family

Gary Bullard (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 7:01AM GMT
Judy, I was able to find Henry and family in the 1880 Kentucky soundex. They lived in Union County.You probably have this info already but I'll send it to you just in case.
Henry 46, Laurea27, Charles12, Bettie 10, Mary 7, Alonzo 5, Mattie 1.
I was unable to find the spelling Clevidence, or Clevendence in the several years of Census. However, I was able to find a Joseph Cleverdence in 1850 in Bullit County. Since that year only lists the head of household, I'll have to check land records or additional family to confirm the names of family members. Good luck in finding additional info.

Henry bullard and family

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 7:01AM GMT
Judy, I was able to find Henry and family in the 1880 Kentucky soundex. They lived in Union County.You probably have this info already but I'll send it to you just in case.
Henry 46, Laurea27, Charles12, Bettie 10, Mary 7, Alonzo 5, Mattie 1.
I was unable to find the spelling Clevidence, or Clevendence in the several years of Census. However, I was able to find a Joseph Cleverdence in 1850 in Bullit County. Since that year only lists the head of household, I'll have to check land records or additional family to confirm the names of family members. Good luck in finding additional info.

More about Henry

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 3:18PM GMT
Gary,
I have a Jonathan Clevenidence b. 1824 married Elizabeth Swenney (First husband was William Swenney) listed as parents of Laura Clevenidence who married Henry Bullard 4-24-1866 at Shepherdsville, Bullit CO., Kentucky. We also have information that Elizabeth Clevenidence lived with her youngest daughter in Mississippi county, MO after the death of Jonathon. Don't know if they moved there with or after Henry and family did. I just got a hold of a picture of Henry and will send you a copy as soon as I can. If you have a computer at home, e-mail me and give me your E-mail address. It is less troublesome than using the fam. hist. messaging. We can e-mail direct.

Bullard Stuff

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 3:28PM GMT
Gary,
I have info on our Ggrandmothers family (the Jackson's). If you are interested let me know.

Bullard family

Posted: 20 Sep 2000 10:39AM GMT
Judy, I would appreciate any information that you have about all of our family. It would save me a lot of work. I would gladly pay you for the copying and postage.
I do not have an E-mail address at home yet. However, I will get an address shortly.
My mailing address is 1842 E. Cloverdale road, Salt Lake City, UT 84121. Thank you very much.
Gary B
per page

Find a board about a specific topic