PLACE,WEST OF SHAWNEE,OK.
FATHER ,WILLIAM CHISHOLM,MOTHER,
HESTER BUTLER.
THANKS SULTEESKA
sultuska@flash.net

Jesse Chisholm

Sue Damitz (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 8:44PM GMT
You might try looking at a book called the Chisholm Trail by Sam Ridings ( I think it was published about 1938 or so). I believe Mr. Ridings does discuss the adopted children of Jesse. Mr. Ridings provides come first hand accounts and memories as he rode the Chisholm Trail and even has a survey of the Trail . I wish you luck and hope this helps .

JESSE CHISHOLM

SULTEESKA (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2001 8:26AM GMT
HELLO & THANKS,WILL DO

Jesse Chisholm

Sue Damitz (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2001 3:19PM GMT
You are very welcome. I am trying to do a geneological research in to that part of my family . if I find anything you might be able to use I will let you know. Jesse was Cherokee and his wife, although reported to be Cherokee was actually mixed Creek. Emmett Starr did a geneology of the Cherokee's during the time period you are interested in. I haven't been able to review it, as it is in a genelogical library, and will need to make a special trip to review it. I suspect there would be information about Jesse since his mother was the granddaughter of John Rogers Chief, Daughter of Ignatius and Corn Tassel's Sister . I would look there also for leads. I wish you the best of luck in your research. If I run on to anything promising , I will let you know.

CHISHOLM

SULTEESKA (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2001 6:43PM GMT
HELLO,COULD YOU E MAIL ME .I MIGHT HAVE SOME
INFO YOU NEED.ADDRESS ABOVE OR,
jerrysultuska@msn.com

Information

Sue Damitz (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 6:46PM GMT
I did run across one thing you might want to look at. I think this is a file from the LDS Records. www,ctc.volant.org/home/gena/chis/html/1001.html This is a file in GEDCOM file chis.ged

on page 4 it says 1849 Jesse "rasomed a Mesican boy and girl". It goes on to say Wm E Chisholm in 1860 marries Hester Butler. It also says William E Chisholm marries Julia Ann McLish. Very best of luck with this. I am not good with technology so I do not feel , I can give very good advise on how to track down the references. If you want to send me information you may at sdamitz@solve.net. thank you for any help or information you might have.

Re: JESSE CHISHOLM CEDRO CANALES

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 10:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2002 4:09AM GMT
my gggrandfather , jackson chisholm was also an adopted child of jesse chisholm, when jesse died jackson married sahkahkee, jesses wife. if you search on the net for jesse chisholm there is a site that has the list of family and the adopted children are included, but there is not much more info on them. i know a good archive site where you can send for documents on this side of the family. please email me maybe we can share info.

Re: JESSE CHISHOLM CEDRO CANALES

Posted: 5 Oct 2002 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: chisholm
my gg grandfather was also one of the captives that jesse chisholm rescued and adopted. his name was jackson chisholm. jackson married sahkahkee and together they had sally and william chisholm. william was my g grandfather. i have not been able to find anymore info on wiliam or jackson except that jackson was a "spaniard". william was a texas ranger at one point and he was married to eliza tucker, and molly sharp

Re: Jesse Chisholm

Jesse Powell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2002 3:41AM GMT
Hi,i'm not really sure if i am where i ought to be but i'm looking for ancesters of Jesse Chisholm.I have looked several different places and come across nothing.My grandmother used to tell me i was named for Jesse Chisholm because i was related to him in some way.I was just trying to verify that by chatting with his realitives.Can you help shove me in the right direction?

Re: Jesse Chisholm

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 11:27PM GMT
Hi. my name is brittney chisholm i am related to Jesse chisholm. i just want to learn more about were i come from, and hopefully connect with other chisholms around the globe!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions