Search for content in message boards

Global order children by birth

Global order children by birth

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 5:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
I inherited a Legacy file that does not have any of the children in birth order. Please tell me there is a way to do this globally, that I do not have to go through each and every family in this large database and change each one. Please. :/

Kim

Re: Global order children by birth

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 2:52AM GMT
I'm not aware of any way to globally sort children, and there are no hints in the Help.

You might like to contact Legacy Support and ask the question there - and if they give you a solution please tell us about it! :-)

Wendy

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 3:07PM GMT
Oh noooooo. I was afraid of that because I searched the help file too. I will do as you suggest and let you know. There are 322 families ...... oh brother (pun intended lol, see I can laugh)

Thank you Wendy.

Kim

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 4:01PM GMT
Here is the answer from Legacy to my question, Is there a global sort by age for children?
Yay!!

========================

Not yet but there will be in v8.

But for now, go to Reports > Books/Other > Potential Problems and clear check marks on all the tabs except leave the one for "Check sort order of children" on the Warnings tab.

Then create the report and in the Deluxe Edition, you can sort each list of children right from that window.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions