Search for content in message boards

Nelsons Of Swan Creek MO 1850

Nelsons Of Swan Creek MO 1850

Glessa West (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelson, Hope, Shipman, Mayfield, Graham, Wright, Adams
My line Starts with Thomas Nelson born in North Carolina abt. 1780 he married Delilah Mayfield in 1814. Delilah was also born in North Carolina born abt.1798.They had 7 children. However I am listing here only 2 sons !Samuel doak Nelson born 1821 and James t Nelson born 1827.Both were born in Greene County TN.Samuel doak Nelson married Margaret Hope, she is said to be Cherokee Indian, they married in 1845 in Greene County TN. James T Nelson Married Hannah Hope, a posible sister to Margaret Hope.Margaret Hope Nelson and Samuel D Nelson had 4 sons. Robert Hope Nelson, James Joshua Nelson, William Elbert Nelson (my great Grandfather) and Elbert Wells Nelson and William Minor Nelson. They lived on Swan Creek close to Ongo MO and Keltner. I have some info to share on them and a few pictures, but need pictures of Margaret Hope Nelson, Samuel Doak Nelson or a family picture ,and any information on Margaret Hope such as parents, where she is buried and the date she died. Also any proof of her Indian Heritage. If you know anything or have any pictures, Please contact me. Thank You! Glessa West

Re: Nelsons Of Swan Creek MO 1850

Posted: 8 Jul 2003 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would love to know if you have uncovered any more info on samuel and margaret or thomas and delilah. Samuel had a son William. Who ibelieve to be my gg grandfather. William had a son George who was my great grand father. George has two sons Adolph and rudolph. rudolph being my grand father. William married Cynthia Elmyre Williams in 1850 in tenn. George married Lulu Johns in 1900 in mo. Would appreciated any info Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions