Classification: Query
does any one know who zebulon garrison wife rebecca allen parents were

Zebulon & Rebekah

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2009 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Allen
Hi Peggie,

Are you a descendant of Zebulon & Rebekah? If so, you're my cousin. My mother was raised by her Garrison grandparents in the Walshville Illinois neighborhood where Zebulon & Rebekah died. Her grandfather was their grandson. We don't yet know Rebekah's parents but always looking for clues. Email me if you would like to be on my mailing list of descendants or discuss the clues.

Karen
Southern Illinois
gtskjs "at symbol" mvn.net
(Just put the email address in the usual format. I post it this way to prevent spam.)

Re: Zebulon & Rebekah

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 8:32PM GMT
hi, susan g smith [zebulon and rebecca daughter] marry a isreal johnson. isreal johnson daughter [ marlina johnson] marry a william free. who had a son charles w free who was my grandfather. this is how i am connect to this family.

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2009 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Johnson, Free
Hi Peggy, I'm sure you meant to say Zebulon & Susannah's granddaughter married Israel Johnson but I'll just show the lineage so others won't get confused. Zebulon's daughter Susannah born about 1800 married Malaki Smith in Georgia. Susannah and Malaki had 12 children including Susannah born about 1832. She married Israel Johnson who was then the executor of her mother Susannah's will.

Then I need your help. Looks like I just picked up the names from census listings which are notorious for being wrong. I'm showing eight children for them including daughters Malany about 1856, Molona about 1856, and Melina about 1862. I'm sure one of these should be your Marlina who married William Free. How about posting a correct list of these Garrison descendants so I can correct my tree?

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 9:34PM GMT
yes, susan marry isreal after malaki die. . they had logan johnson born june 6 1859 malona b 1858, larsson b 1862, malerrie b feb 5, 1864 ,lanson jan.5, 1864 ,lawson b 1866, frances b 1867,caladona b 1868,emiline b 1822,louisa b 1836, emily b 1838,sanford 1840,marlinna b 1861 marry william s free b 1861. they had several chilren,one was charles w free. marlinna had some children who didnt marry. i connect with one g child of lawson or great. yes i mean grandchild sorry. my book on most of this is in the other room. this ia all of isreal and her children. i dont know the ones of her and malaki. i can take you on down the ancestor from them. i know some of the garrison . i am looking for their wife of ones i dont have. i got what i have off of com. do you mean from her back or her and down to me. like i said i gor mine off of comor family genealogy

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 9:52PM GMT
william and malinna had jesse ,john, charles. charles had carrie. jesse. rosa, carl. charles, his wife she had a robbie by her first marriage. charles w marry a katie bell harmon. rosa was my mother. the other children of william and malinna i dont know who they marry . of charles and katie i do. all i have of garrison like i said i got off of com.

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2009 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Smith, Johnson
Thank you for the information about the Johnson and Free children. That really helps.

I think you're still missing a generation.

Malaki Smith (born about 1794 in Georgia)
Susannah Garrison (born about 1800 in Georgia)
married September 11, 1814 in Franklin Co., GA

Malaki died May 5, 1859 and Susannah died July 1866. Malaki's wife Susannah Garrison Smith was about 60 years old when Malaki died.

Their daughter Susannah Smith born about 1832 in Illinois married Israel Johnson February 17, 1853 in Macoupin County, Illinois, six years before her father Malaki died and 13 years before her mother Susannah Garrison Smith died at the age of 66.

Malaki Smith's estate was administered by his son Wiley Smith.

The probate file in Montgomery County Illinois shows that the estate of Susannah Garrison Smith deceased July 6, 1866 was administered by Israel Johnson. This was his mother-in-law, still named Smith, not his wife. Susannah Garrison did not remarry after the death of Malaki.

Israel's wife Susan/Susannah Smith Johnson was still alive in the 1870 census but appears to have died before 1878 when Israel married Hannah Sanderson.

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 10:27AM GMT
thank you for helping me, i thought susanna the mother was the same one that marry isreal , i now know if was her daughter. you are welcome for helping you with johnson.i now need to find malaki smith parents . i have some on him in battle. still look for rececca allen parents. where are you connect with this family

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 12:18PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2009 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Smith
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about Malaki's parents. He was born in Georgia so his parents were probably neighbors of Zebulon & Rebekah in Franklin Co GA.

I descend from Zebulon & Rebekah's youngest child, Caleb Garrison who married Susannah Clark. Caleb was born about 1817 so Susannah Garrison Smith had already married and left home by the time her youngest brother was born. Caleb's son James Allan Garrison was my mother's grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions