Search for content in message boards

Aaron Hall

Aaron Hall

Posted: 7 Dec 2001 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 7:36AM GMT
Looking for info on AARON HALL b: 1818 va. m: Margaret Bowman on 8/4/1842 in Estill Co. Listed on 1860 Owsley Co. census and 1870 Estill Co. census. children: William 1844, Harvey 1847, John D. 1849, Zacheriah 1851, Daniel 1853, Aaron 1856, Lucy Ann 1858, Robert, Mary, Martha, Sarah J. 1870. Need any info on parents and siblings
Also in the book of Diane Rogers there was an AARON HALL b: 3 Mar 1875 buried in Cobb Hill Cem who m: (l) Dora D. Case (2) Maude Flinchem. Was he s/o John Wesley Hall 1856? On the 1900 Estill Census he was 25, single and living with Marion Wilake 28 and Cath. Need info on this Aaron also.

Re: Aaron Hall

Posted: 18 Dec 2001 8:04AM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 7:36AM GMT
Looking for Margaret Hayes that sent me email about this query. My email to you was returned.

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 2:42AM GMT
Aaron Hall and Maude were my grand parents my father was Lennel (Russell) Hall. Would be glad to share Info.

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 5:43AM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Flinchum
Hi....from my family tree I have the following on Aaron Hall b: 3 Mar 1874, Estill d: 29 Mar 1951, death certif. #6801, Cob Hill. ,married Amanda Flinchum (on my ftm I don"t have his other wife attached to my ftm) Amanda died 1966 their children: Annie 1902, Gladys 1907, Robert 1910, Earl 1912, Alma 1913, Earsel 1914, Elsy 1915, Roy 1922, Leonel Russell 1925, Avery 1926, Edward 1928. I have done some research on the Flinchum family. My foster son is a Flinchum from Breathitt/Clark Co.
I have researched all Halls from 6 counties from 1790 thru 1930. Your Leonard Hall that is from your Aaron and goes back to your bunch. Have you seen that book on Leonard Hall? Do you live close to here? Have you lived in Estill?
How far back on your family do you have?

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 10:39AM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Horn, Townsend
To: FLambert-Genfool:

Mathia or Mathew Horn married Susannah Hall who was a sister to Edward Hall, William Hall, Thomas Hall, Elizabeth (Hall) Townsend, and Micajah Hall.

Mathia Horrn and Susannah (Hall) Horn had the following children: John Horn, Aaron Horn, William Horn, Elijah Horn, Susanna (Horn) Meadows, Nancy (Horn) Barnett.

The naming way of Aaron Horn is associated with Mathis Horn an early pioneer at Ft. Boonesborough. Mathis Horn had a son named Aaron Horn.

There are eight pages about the Horn family in the book “Edward Hall and his Descendants” (107 pages) which is sold by ECH&GS.

There are two early Hall families in Estill County, Kentucky. The Aaron Horn family has no proven association to the Leonard Hall family group.

The Society of Boonesborough has members with ancestors: Aaron Horn, Edward Hall, and Gerrett Townsend.

The Townsend family married into both of the early Hall families in Estill County, Kentucky.

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 5:04AM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Horn
Sue: what has Aaron Horn got to do with Aaron Hall?

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2012 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Horn, Townsend
Faye,

Yes, you said said Arron Hall and not Arron Horn.

The “Rogers Family book” :
Page 509 , “Rogers Family book”: Begins with Arron Hall born in VA.
(No backup information documentation was stated.)

Page 513, “Rogers Family book”:
Arron Hall born March 3, 1874 & died Mach 29, 1851 and married Maud Flinchum, daughter of Tom Flinchum and Fidelia (Townsend) Finchum.

Page 667 - Fidelia or Phydelia Townsend born Feb. 9, 1861 and died on Feb. 2, 1956 married Thomas Flinchum born on December 16, 1863.
The source of this information from Townsend researchers.
(end of quotes from “The Rogers Family Book”)

My notes on the Rogers book:
From reading the “Rogers Family Book” it was said that:
Fidelia or Phydelia Townsend married Thomas Flinchum. They had a two daughters: Maude or Minia and Armana or Allie. And a son named Howell “Hal” Flinchum.

The person who sent the information to the Rogers family said that Fidelia or Phydelia Townsend who married Thomas Flinchum was the daughter of James Townsend who married Emily Hall on June 6, 1841.

William Townsend who married Elizabeth Eaton had a son named James Townsend who married Emily Hall. William Townsend was the son of Gerrett Townsend and Elizabeth (Hall) Townsend.

My notes on the naming ways:
Kisiah Hall married Reuben Townsend, son of James Townsend and Susan Robinson:
Kisiah Hall born 1811 died 1869
Buried at Mt. Chapel Cemetery, Powell Co., KY.
Issue: (Age for Julia, Susan, & Ruben, Jr. based on Estill 1850 census.)
Julia - born 1840 (never married)
Reuben, Jr. Townsend born 1846 married Milly Ann Hall
Susan Townsend born. 1849 married William Wesley Horn

It is the naming ways of AARON and WESLEY that directs me to this family group. You see both names in the family of Reuben Townsend and Kisiah (Hall) Townsend. This is an Aaron Horn connection. The repeated naming ways can be helpful and confusing.

There were two early Hall family groups in Estill County, Kentucky. As I said, the Townsend family married into both Hall family groups. One still has to tollow the ancestors to the Mathis or Matthew Horn who married Elizabeth. And to Micajah Hall who had a daughter named Kisiah Hall who married Rueben Townsend. To mix things up, Micajah Hall’s sister Elizabeth Hall married Garrett Townsend.

My closing note is that Emily Hall who married James Townsend, was from the other early Estill County, Kentucky Hall family. This Hall family has a naming way of Green Hall. Many lived in the Cobhill area of Estill County, Kentucky.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 3:50PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2013 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Bowman, Evans, Moore
Faye,

Owsley Co., KY 1870 cenus compiled by Robert L. Smith includes notes on the parents of some listed in the census records. Mr. Smith also did research on Owsley Co., KY marriages and births, so he seems a good source for the following information:

1870 Owsley Co., KY, Travelers Rest precinct
Aaron Hall 52, farmer, born in VA, m. Aug. 4, 1842, Estill Co., KY.

Margaret 46 , born in KY
Parents of Margaret Hall: Elisha Bowman & Ann Evans

Children listed:
John D. 21 (m. Easter Frances Moore)

Zachariah 19 (m. ______ Isaacs)

Daniel 17 - (m. Emily Thomas)

Aaron Jr. 14 (Louisa Angel)

Lucy A. 11 (m. Philo Stratton Treadway)

Robert 9 (never married)

Mary 9 (m. George M. Treadway)

Martha 6 (m. Hampton Mainous)

Sarah J. 3/12, born Feb. 1870 (m. Henry Treadway)

1870 Owsley Co, KY, Boonesville precinct:
Harvey Hall 22, b. KY.
Parents of Harvey Hall, Aaron Hall & Margaret Bowman.
Mary J. 19, born KY

Closing notes: The 1920 Owsley Co., KY census compiled by Robert L. Smith includes John D. Hall age 71 married to Frances, daughter of Abner & Martha Moore.

Daniel Hall age 66, born in KY, parents born in VA
Emily age 56, daughter of Thomas & Elizabeth Smith.

1850 Owsley Co., KY census, page 283

#150 Harvey Hall, age 30
Mary Hall, age 25
Sarah, age 6
Aaron, age 4 (born 1846)
Joseph, age 2
Living with the Hall family: Shelton White, age 16

My conclusion is that the Harvey Hall, age 30 on the 1850 Owsley Co, KY census, may have been a brother to Aaron Hall who married Margaret Bowman.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic