Search for content in message boards

Obit Lookup- Yvonne LaPlante d. Sept 24,1918 Lebanon

Obit Lookup- Yvonne LaPlante d. Sept 24,1918 Lebanon

Posted: 9 Dec 2005 4:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Oct 2006 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: LaPlante Brochu Lemay Valliere
Hello I am wondering if anyone has access to Lebanon obits such that they can check if there is an obit on Yvonne LaPlante d. Sept 24,1918 Lebanon. There are possibly some errors in the death certificate I saw so I'm not positive yet this is "my Yvonne". I am thinking an obit that lists family members - particularly a son George, husband Joseph, sis. Alice & Mary, bro. Edouard - could confirm this is my relation. Mother deceased, father is George Brochu.
Let me know any copy costs. Thanks!
Patty

Re: Obit Lookup- Yvonne LaPlante d. Sept 24,1918 Lebanon

Posted: 10 Dec 2005 3:41PM GMT
Hi Patty,

A nice volunteer named Helen Coughlin will do NH newspaper (state-wide) lookups as a volunteer if you provide her with the date and name of the obituary. IF it was published in the NH state-wide newspaper (The Union Leader) she will find it. Her email is Imsewinggram@aol.com [the first letter is an "eye" not an "ell"]. Make sure you ask her to look in the state-wide edition of the newspaper, and fill her in on the details.

Cordially
Janice Brown
Webmaster, History & Genealogy of NH
http://www.nh.searchroots.com/research.html

Re: Obit Lookup- Yvonne LaPlante d. Sept 24,1918 Lebanon

Julie C. (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2006 2:36AM GMT
Hi Patty

I looked on the microfilm of the weekly newspaper for the Lebanon area, The Granite State Free Press, but I didn't find an obituary for Yvonne LaPlante.
I also checked the Lebanon Town Reports, and found the following information for 1918:
Sept. 24, Yevon La Plant, age 26 years, 1 month, 28 days, birthplace Canada, female, married, birthplace of parents Canada, name of father Geo. Bronchier, no mothers name listed.
The town directory for 1915-16 lists Joseph LaPlante and wife Evan R. at 87 Mechanic St.
The town directory for 1918-19 lists Joseph LaPlante and wife Evan R. at 24 West St. Also at that residence were Hubert and Della K. LaPlante, and George E. LaPlante.
Hope this helps. Let me know if there's any other Lebanon related info I can look up for you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic