Search for content in message boards

Denison, DeLapp and Lietha families in Buffalo Co., WI

Denison, DeLapp and Lietha families in Buffalo Co., WI

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Nov 2004 4:38AM GMT
George Madison Denison, b 5-14-1851 in Swan Twp., Vinton Co., OH, moved to Wisconsin and married Lucia Hannah DeLapp of Genoa, Vernon Co., WI. They are buried in Buffalo Co., WI.

They had at least one child, Warren Izar Denison, who married Marth Lietha in Alma, Buffalo Co., WI.

Can anyone give me any information on any of these people?

Re: Denison, DeLapp and Lietha families in Buffalo Co., WI

Les Heinemann (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 5:19AM GMT
Surnames: Heinemann, Burmeister, Fluekiger, Krause
You may want to contact Boyd. He is a retired farmer and a local historian. He is very interesting. To make it even better, he married Delma Dennison. Could be an ancestor of hers????? Good Luck. When I started out looking for where my gggrandparents lived a hundred and fifty years ago, I found out it just happened to be where Boyds' farm is now. Small world.

Becker, Delma & Boyd

776 N Schiller St
BUFFALO CITY, WI 54622
608-248-2994

Dorinda McKnight (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 12:58PM GMT
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I will write to them soon to see if there is a connection!
By the way, what is Boyd's last name?

Dorinda

LesHeinemann (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Heinemann, Burmeister, Fluekiger, Krause
It should show on the address: Boyd Becker

Dorinda (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2003 4:14AM GMT
Sorry. Right after I sent the last message to you, I realized that what I thought was three first names on that line was actually the last name with a comma after it then the two first names.
Thanks again.

Ronald Baertsch (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2003 2:29PM GMT
I have a Warren Denison born in 1876 and died in 1963. He married Martha Lietha who was born in 1885 and died in 1975. I don't have much on the Denison family other than their children's names. I do have Martha Lietha's ancestors all the way back to the 1600s. The Lietha family was from Canton of Graubunden in Switzerland. Please let me know if you are interested. I will gladly share whatever I have.

Ron Baertsch
drbaert@worldnet.att.net

Dorinda McKnight (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2003 3:11AM GMT
Ron, I would love to have you share info with me. I am a Denison descendant. This George is not my direct ancestor, but I try to gather whatever I can on the branches. You can email me at mounties@joimail.com, if you like.

How are you related to the above families?

Thanks for your reply.

Re: Denison, Buffalo Co., WI

Rochelle (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2003 6:34PM GMT
Mt great grandmother was a Denison and married a Robinson. They are buried in Buffalo City Cemetary where most of my family are buried. My family were some of the first settlers in Buffalo County Wisconsin. My grandmother was Clara Robinson and married a William Klose. They owned the Burlington Hotel in Alma, Wisconsin and later the grocery store/ root beer stand in Buffalo City.

Rochelle (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2003 6:07PM GMT
Warren and Martha had many children.
My great grandmother was a Dennison who married a Robinson. They spelled the name with two NN's. Seems they did what they wanted in those days. My ancestry was traced back to Charlemagnes great grandfather. The Dennisons had some connection with a big piano company back in Massachusetts.

Rochelle (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 11:21PM GMT
Warren Dennison lived in the house that Lester Burmeister lived in for years on Belvedere Road approx 13 or 14 th street. Belvedere is the main street in Buffalo City. They had three children Willard or Warren, Margie (Fouter sp?).

My great grandparents were James Robinson who married Harriet (nee Dennison).They homesteaded 15th street home on the full block. The home was replaced in the 40's by my grandparents, William and Clara Klose.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions